Shutter (2014 film)
Shutter is a 2014 Marathi language thriller film that was directed by V. K. Prakash and is a re-make of the Malayalam 2012 film of the same name. The film had its world premiere on 17 September 2014 and will have a theatrical release on 3 July 2015. It stars Sachin Khedekar as a man that has recently returned from overseas, only to go through a series of unexpected situations.
|Directed by||V. K. Prakash|
|Produced by||Sajeev MP |
|Screenplay by||Manisha Korde|
|Story by||Joy Mathew|
|Cinematography||Manoj Kumar Khatoi|
Trendz Ad Film
|Distributed by||STV Networks|
|Budget||₹3 crore (US$420,000) |
Filming for Shutter was completed in March 2014. Prakash chose to alter some portions of the story from the original film, stating "It’s an adaptation. I have concentrated on the content and not the ‘setting’ of the story."
Jitya Bhau (Sachin Khedekar) is a middle-class family man who has returned to his home in Maharashtra, as he is on a vacation from his overseas job. Due to a series of misadventures he ends up getting trapped with a nameless hooker (Sonalee Kulkarni) in a small shop room and must wait for one of his friends to release him. However the longer the two are trapped together the more the two end up learning about one another.
- "V K Prakash Marks 15th Years in Malayalam Movie Industry with 2 Movie Releases". New Indian Express. Retrieved 18 June 2015.
- "Shutter set to release in 2014". Indian Express. Retrieved 18 June 2015.
- "Joy Mathews's 'Shutter' Becomes First Malayalam Film to be Remade in Marathi". IB Times. Retrieved 18 June 2015.
- "Sachin shares the teaser of Shutter". Times of India. Retrieved 18 June 2015.
- "Sonalee kidnapped?". Times of India. Retrieved 18 June 2015.
- "Shutter in Marathi". The Hindu. Retrieved 18 June 2015.
- Pillai, Radhika C. "VK Prakash ropes in Sonalee for Shutter's Marathi remake". Times of India. Retrieved 18 June 2015.
- George, Liza. "Back in action". The Hindu. Retrieved 18 June 2015.
- "Amey plays a rickshawwala in Shutter". Times of India. Retrieved 18 June 2015.