Shiver (Natalie Imbruglia song)
"Shiver" is Australian singer Natalie Imbruglia's first single from her third album release Counting Down the Days and it is her eighth single overall. The song reached number 19 in her native Australia and number eight on the UK Singles Chart. It also reached number one in Hungary and number six in Italy.
|Single by Natalie Imbruglia|
|from the album Counting Down the Days|
|Released||21 March 2005|
|Format||CD single: Worldwide|
|Length||3:42 (Album version)|
|Songwriter(s)||Natalie Imbruglia |
|Producer(s)||Stephen Lipson, Ash Howes & Martin Harrington|
|Natalie Imbruglia singles chronology|
"Shiver" reached number eight on the UK Singles Chart. It peaked at No.1 on the UK Airplay Chart for five non-consecutive weeks, and stayed in the Top 10 for fourteen weeks. Shiver was officially Britain's most broadcast track in 2005, indicating most played on radio, MTV and commercial use. Shiver became a No.1 Pan European Airplay hit during 2005. Its year-end ranking came in at No.6 due to 2,733,820 audience points accumulated and 31,423 plays during the year. Shiver became Natalie Imbruglia's biggest pan-European airplay track since "Torn" and as a result is considered her second-biggest hit. The song was covered by Maxïmo Park on BBC Radio 1's Live Lounge. Lara Krost performed the song during Season 5 of Australian Idol. In 2006, Shiver was nominated in the APRA (Australasian Performing Right Association) category for 'Most Performed Foreign Work'. It was also nominated for an Ivor Novello Award for 'Most Performed Track'. "Shiver" has sold approximately 500,000 copies worldwide.
The music video, inspired by the movie The Bourne Supremacy, started airing around February 2005. It was directed by Jake Nava who has also directed the music video for Britney Spears' hit, My Prerogative, and Holly Valance's State of Mind. It was filmed in Kyiv, Ukraine, during winter, giving the video a bleak appearance, but also "intriguing visuals for a seemingly ordinary pop song.".
A departure from Imbruglia's previous video styles, Shiver had a spy-themed, action-packed plot with car chases and switched identities. Imbruglia burns her passport and personal effects, then steals a Citroën CX to make her escape. She is followed by her unnamed enemy, in this case men driving a GAZ Volga 3110 and a BMW 5 Series (E34). Imbruglia is unusually calm despite these circumstances, implying that this is a typical occurrence.  Imbruglia manages to escape both sets of her pursuers, alters her appearance, and obtains new fake passport, in order to take a train to another city, but she remains a fugitive on the run. 
This section does not cite any sources. (December 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
UK CD1 (82876686882; Released 21 March 2005)
- "Shiver" (Imbruglia, Sheppard Solomon, Eg White)
- "My Own Movie" (Imbruglia, Martin Harrington, Ash Howes)
UK CD2 (82876686872; Released 21 March 2005)
- "Imbruglia's 'Shiver' Tops PPL 'Most Used' Chart".
- "The Ivor Novello Awards".
- http://www.sheppardsolomon.com/index.swf Archived 2 February 2011 at the Wayback Machine
- "Strange lands How western pop videos can't get enough of the 'exotic' new east". The Calvert Report. Retrieved 1 July 2017.
- Austin Tolin. "Cinema's Influence on Music Video". Cinema Music Video. Retrieved 1 July 2017.
- "Natalie Imbruglia - Shiver". IMCDB. Retrieved 1 July 2017.
- "Transcript of Analysis Of Natalie Imbruglia - Shiver Analysis Of Music Video in relation to Todrov's Narrative Theory Natalie Imbruglia - Shiver Recognition of disruption and Binary opposition". Prezi. 27 October 2013. Retrieved 1 July 2017.
- David Bordwell; Kristin Thompson (2008), Flim Art, McGraw-Hill, p. 112
- "Australian-charts.com – Natalie Imbruglia – Shiver". ARIA Top 50 Singles.
- "Austriancharts.at – Natalie Imbruglia – Shiver" (in German). Ö3 Austria Top 40.
- "Ultratop.be – Natalie Imbruglia – Shiver" (in Dutch). Ultratop 50.
- "Ultratop.be – Natalie Imbruglia – Shiver" (in French). Ultratop 50.
- "Lescharts.com – Natalie Imbruglia – Shiver" (in French). Les classement single.
- "Offiziellecharts.de – Natalie Imbruglia – Shiver". GfK Entertainment Charts. Retrieved 7 May 2019.
- IFPI Greece archive
- "Archívum – Slágerlisták – MAHASZ" (in Hungarian). Rádiós Top 40 játszási lista. Magyar Hanglemezkiadók Szövetsége. Retrieved 9 December 2010.
- "Chart Track: Week 16, 2005". Irish Singles Chart.
- "Italiancharts.com – Natalie Imbruglia – Shiver". Top Digital Download.
- "Dutchcharts.nl – Natalie Imbruglia – Shiver" (in Dutch). Single Top 100.
- "Notowanie nr1214" (in Polish). LP3. 6 May 2005. Retrieved 7 May 2019.
- "Official Scottish Singles Sales Chart Top 100". Official Charts Company. Retrieved 7 May 2019.
- "Swisscharts.com – Natalie Imbruglia – Shiver". Swiss Singles Chart.
- "Official Singles Chart Top 100". Official Charts Company. Retrieved 29 January 2011.
- "End of Year Singles Chart Top 100 - 2005". Official Charts Company. Retrieved 7 May 2019.