This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Shirish Kunder (born 24 May 1973) is an Indian filmmaker. After working as an editor on over a dozen films starting with Champion (2000), Kunder made his screenwriting and directorial debut with Jaan-E-Mann (2006). He is married to choreographer and film director Farah Khan whom he met while working on her 2004 film Main Hoon Na.
24 May 1973|
|Occupation||Film writer, producer, director, editor and composer|
|Spouse(s)||Farah Khan (m. 2004)|
Kunder was born on 24 May 1973 in Mangalore, Karnataka and brought up in Bombay, Maharashtra. He studied electronic engineering at the SDM College of Engineering and Technology in Dharwad.
This section's tone or style may not reflect the encyclopedic tone used on Wikipedia. (October 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
He worked as an electronics engineer in Motorola for four years before changing profession and entering the film industry as an editor, and in 2004 he married Farah Khan who was eight years older than him. Kunder then turned to directing. His directorial debut was titled Jaan-E-Mann. Apart from editing and composing the film score, he also wrote the film. The film starred Salman Khan, Akshay Kumar and Preity Zinta, and was released on 20 October 2006. The film performed poorly at the box office.
He was a co-producer of Tees Maar Khan, along with Twinkle Khanna and Ronnie Screwvala which he also co-wrote—with his younger brother Ashmith Kunder. The film starred Akshay Kumar, Katrina Kaif and Akshaye Khanna, and was released on 24 December 2010. This film was unsuccessful financially.
Kunder's second directorial venture was Joker, which he wrote, produced, directed, edited and composed the film score. The film starred Akshay Kumar, Sonakshi Sinha and Shreyas Talpade, and was released on 31 August 2012. This film did not perform well at the box office.
Kunder's third directorial venture was an 18-minute short film titled Kriti, a psychological thriller, featuring Manoj Bajpayee, Radhika Apte and Neha Sharma. It was released to YouTube on 22 June 2016.
Kunder also wrote the humour column "Shirishly Speaking" for the Indian national daily newspaper DNA between 2016 and 2017.
On 9 December 2004, Kunder married director and choreographer Farah Khan. She gave birth to their triplets, son Czar and daughters Diva and Anya, on 11 February 2008 at Mumbai's Jaslok hospital. Sajid Khan is his brother-in-law.
Background music score
- Tees Maar Khan (2010)
- Champion (2000)
- Yeh Raaste Hain Pyaar Ke (2001)
- Aankhen (2002)
- Koi Mere Dil Se Poochhe (2002)
- Na Tum Jaano Na Hum (2002)
- Armaan (2003)
- Calcutta Mail (2003)
- Chura Liyaa Hai Tumne (2003)
- Matrubhoomi (2003)
- Sandhya (2003)
- Main Hoon Na (2004)
- Uuf Kya Jaadoo Mohabbat Hai (2004)
- Paisa Vasool (2004)
- Socha Na Tha (2005)
- Waqt: The Race Against Time (2005)
- Benaam (2006)
- Jaan-E-Mann (2006)
- Om Shanti Om (2007)
- Tees Maar Khan (2010)
- Joker (2012)
- Kriti (2016)
- Split Wide Open (1999)
- Main Hoon Na (2004)
- "16 times birthday boy Shirish Kunder rocked it on Twitter". The Indian Express. 24 May 2016. Retrieved 2016-08-17.
- Joshi, Namrata (2 December 2017). "An outsider will remain an outsider: Shirish Kunder". Retrieved 18 July 2018 – via www.thehindu.com.
- "Salman Khan Box Office Analysis: Hits, Flops, Blockbusters". www.indicine.com. Retrieved 2018-06-18.
- "5 reasons why Tees Maar Khan failed". Rediff. Retrieved 2018-06-18.
- "Akshay Kumar's Joker flops at box office". Digital Spy. 2012-09-04. Retrieved 2018-06-18.
- "Amitabh Bachchan Says Shirish Kunders Short Film Kriti is Delightful". NDTV Movies. Retrieved 16 August 2016.
- "Big B congratulates Shirish Kunder for 'Kriti'". The Times of India. 20 July 2016. Retrieved 16 August 2016.
- "Amitabh Bachchan congratulates Shirish Kunder for Kriti". Hindustantimes.com. 20 July 2016.
- "Shirish Kunder's short film 'Kriti' garners three million views on YouTube". Firstpost. 18 July 2016. Retrieved 16 August 2016.
- "Shirish Kunder slaps a Rs 5 crore lawsuit on Aneel Neupane over 'Kriti' - Times of India". indiatimes.com.
- "Kunder Slaps Rs 5 Crore Lawsuit on Aneel Neupane Over 'Kriti' Row". thequint.com.
- "Happy Birthday Shirish Kunder: Here is when he talked about his angry tweets and trolls that explode in fury". The Indian Express. 8 May 2016. Retrieved 16 August 2016.
- "Meet Shirish Kunder, Twitter's latest hero". Mid-day. Retrieved 16 August 2016.
- "Meet Bollywood's most acerbic Twitter stars". Hindustan Times. 21 May 2016. Retrieved 16 August 2016.
- "DNA Celebrity Column: Shirishly Speaking - Shirish Kunder is the agony uncle you never saw coming". dnaindia.com. 8 July 2017.
- "Farah Khan gives birth to triplets". reuters.com. Retrieved 16 August 2016.
- "Farah Khan gives birth to triplets". Hindustantimes.com. 11 February 2008. Retrieved 16 August 2016.
- "Farah Khan gives birth to bonny triplets". Zee News. 10 February 2008. Retrieved 16 August 2016.