|Born||1970 (age 47–48)|
His father is poet and writer Himmat Singh Sodhi.
Shellee wrote poetry and stories from an early age. After studying at DAV School, Ambala cantonment, he studied theater from Ambala Cantt and Panjab University, Chandigarh. In 1995 he moved to Mumbai to assist Gulzar. Though he wanted to act, he was not a skilled actor.
He says he got the name "Shellee", when one of his teachers, who was a fan of English poet PB Shelley, started calling him Shelley. The nickname later became 'Shellee.' He has a Chinese-Indian wife, Meiying, and a 16-year-old son, Anhad.
He has worked as lyricist and background music composer for various Bollywood films including the critically acclaimed Dev D. and Udta Punjab. He is working on a documentary film on the Hakka community living in Kolkata for many generations.
- "The man who gave 'chitta' to Udta Punjab — Chandigarh lyricist Shellee". 17 June 2016.
- "A mind full of words". 15 October 2015.
- Words are all he has
- "Shellee: You can't use 'Om jai jagdish hare' for a song like 'Chitta ve' - Times of India".
- "Udta Punjab's Chitta Ve Is Written By This Chandigarhian!". www.ghaintpunjab.com.
- ""I wanted Dhol Yaaraa Dhol to be more popular than Pardesi" -- Interview with "Dev D" Lyricist Shellee / Shailender Singh Sodhi - Planet Bollywood Features". www.planetbollywood.com.