SharkNinja (officially, SharkNinja Operating LLC) is an American designer, marketer and distributor of home devices and appliances. It is based in Needham, Massachusetts, near Boston. The company's name is formed by combining its two primary brands: Shark, which mainly produces vacuum cleaners and similar devices; and Ninja, which focuses on kitchen appliances such as blenders, multicookers, air fryers, and coffee makers.
|Formerly||Euro-Pro Operating LLC (1993–2015)|
History and descriptionEdit
Formerly established as Euro-Pro Operating LLC in 1994, the company changed its name in 2015 to capitalize on its brand names' prominence and popularity. In 2017 the company was acquired by CDH Private Equity from Weston Presidio and American Capital. As of 2020[update], it has offices in ten countries and holds over 550 patents, used in over 150 products.
- Vacuum Cleaners
- Handheld Vacuums
- Robot Vacuums
- Stick Vacuums (corded and cordless)
- Upright Vacuums
- Cylinder Vacuums
- Steam Irons
- Steam Mops
- Air Purifier
- Hair Dryer
- Air fryer
- Coffee and tea makers
- Food processors
- Toaster oven/air fryer
- Ice cream maker
- "SharkNinja". Bloomberg.com. Retrieved July 10, 2020.
- "CDH Private Equity Acquires SharkNinja Operating". mergr.com. Mergr. 2017. Retrieved July 10, 2020.
- "Ninja". NinjaKitchen.com. SharkNinja Operating LLC. Retrieved July 10, 2020.
- "Euro-Pro Cleans Up with New SharkNinja Identity" (Press release). Newton, Massachusetts: SharkNinja Operating LLC. July 22, 2015. Retrieved July 10, 2020 – via PRNewswire.com.
- "Our company". SharkNinja.com. SharkNinja Operating LLC. Retrieved July 10, 2020.