Shah Abdul Hannan
Shah Abdul Hannan (Bengali: শাহ আবদুল হান্নান) is a Bangladeshi Islamic philosopher, writer, economist, educator and media personality. He served as the deputy governor of the Bangladesh Bank and chairman of the National Board of Revenue. He was the founder vice chancellor of Darul Ihsan University, North South University, chairman of Islamic Economics Research Bureau and the director of Islami Bank Bangladesh Ltd.
Shah Abdul Hannan
শাহ আবদুল হান্নান
|Islamic economy, Islamic culture, Islamic banking|
Early life and educationEdit
Shah Abdul Hannan was born in 1939 Mymensingh, Bangladesh. He completed Bachelor of Economics and Political Science in 1959 and Master of Political Science in 1961 from University of Dhaka. After successfully completing studentship he joined the then Pakistan Civil Service.
Shah Abdul Hannan started his professional life as a lecturer of political science in a college in Dhaka. He joined Pakistan Finance Service in 1963 and retired as the secretary of the Govt. of Bangladesh in 1998. He served the Government of Bangladesh as:
- Chairman, National Board of Revenue, where he pioneered the introduction of VAT (Value Added Tax) in Bangladesh;
- Deputy Governor of Bangladesh Bank;
- Director General, Bureau of Anti-corruption;
- Secretary, Ministry of Social Welfare;
- Secretary, Internal Resources Division, Ministry of Finance.
Hannan is one of the founding members of the North South University, Asian University of Bangladesh and Darul Ihsan University. He also served as the chairman of the Institute of Research and Development (IRD), International Islamic University, Chittagong and syndicate member of Manarat International University.
He has lectured for YouTube videos' and indoor classes on a wide range of issues including women's rights, human rights, contemporary issues and Islamic solutions, Usul al fiqh and Islamic economics.
As an economist Shah Abdul Hannan served as:
- Co-founder, Islamic Economics Research Bureau
- Co-founder, Bangladesh Institute of Islamic Thought
- Member, Editorial Board, The Daily Arthanitee
- Chief Advisor, Islamic Insurance Co. Bangladesh
- Chairman, Islamic Banks’ Consultative Forum(IBCF)
- Founder member, Central Shariah Board of Islamic Banks;
- Chairman of Islami Bank Bangladesh Ltd
- Chairman, Ibn Sina Trust.
- Chairman, Manarat Dhaka International School and College 
- Member, Association of Correction and Social Reclamation, Bangladesh (ACSRB)
Books written by Shah Abdul Hannan:
- Islami Ortthonitite Shorker er Vumika (1985)
- Islami Orthoniti: Dorshon O Kormokoushol (2002)
- Nari Shomossa o Islam (1988)
- Nari O Bastobota (2002)
- Social Laws of Islam (1995)
- Desh Shomaj O Rajniti (2003)
- Bishoy Chinta
- Soviet Union e Islam (1976)
- Usul-al-Fiqh (2000)
- Law Economics and history (2003)
- Islam and Gender: The Bangladesh Perspective (2016)
- "Member Profile: Shah Abdul Hannan". Dahuk. Archived from the original on 19 December 2013.
- "Shah Abdul Hannan's Biography". Lightmillennium.org. Archived from the original on 2 April 2015. Retrieved 15 March 2015.
- "Shah Abdul Hannan – Usul al Fiqh". Sunnah Muakada. Archived from the original on 28 December 2014. Retrieved 18 December 2013.
- "Shah Abdul Hannan". Ibn Sina Pharmaceuticals Ltd. Ibn Sina Pharmaceuticals Ltd. Retrieved 24 December 2016.
- "Mr. Shah Abdul Hannan". North South University. Archived from the original on 19 December 2013. Retrieved 18 December 2013.
- "MIU Board of Trustees". Manarat International University. Retrieved 18 December 2013.
- "Shah Abdul Hannan, Chairman of Central Shariah Board presiding over the 31st general meeting of the board at Islami Bank Tower on Sunday". The New Nation. The New Nation. 14 April 2014. Retrieved 24 December 2016.
- "Journal of Islamic Economics, Banking and Finance (JIEBF)". Islami Bank Bangladesh Ltd. Retrieved 18 December 2013.