"Shadrack" (aka "Shadrach" or "Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego") is a popular song written by Robert MacGimsey in the 1930s and performed by Louis Armstrong and others.
The lyrics refer to the biblical account of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego and the fiery furnace.
Brook Benton versionEdit
- In 1962 the song was a hit single for Brook Benton, peaking at #19 in Billboard's Hot 100 chart during the week of February 17, 1962.
|US Billboard Hot 100||19|
Other cover versionsEdit
The song is featured on pop, soul, Gospel and jazz recordings by others, among them:
- In the 1951 film The Strip, the song is performed by a band featuring Louis Armstrong and Jack Teagarden, among others.
- ^ "Music Items" (PDF). Billboard. April 29, 1939. p. 14. Retrieved 25 December 2018.
- ^ Billboard.com 1962 chart listing for Shadrack
- ^ "Shadrack" at allmusic.com
- ^ "Shadrach" at allmusic.com
- ^ "www.discogs.com". discogs.com. Retrieved January 14, 2023.