Seven minutes in heaven
This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Two people are selected to go into a closet or other dark enclosed space and do whatever they like for seven minutes. It is common for the participants to kiss or make out, but they may instead choose to talk, engage in some other (usually quiet) activity, or simply do nothing at all and wait for the time to expire.
The participants can be selected by various methods, such as spinning a bottle, drawing lots or votes.
The game has been recorded as early as 1953.
In popular cultureEdit
- In the 1985 movie Teen Wolf, Scott Howard and Lisa "Boof" Marconi are selected to go in a closet in a version of Seven minutes in heaven.
- In the 2004 movie 13 Going on 30, 13-year-old Jenna Rink waits in a closet to play the game, but her supposed friends prank her with the wrong boy. Upset, she makes the wish to be 30.
- At the beginning of the 2007 film Good Luck Chuck, the titular character rejects a Goth girl when playing the game. Humiliated, she puts a curse on him, kicking off the plot.
- In The Bernie Mac Show Season 3, Episode 19 ("The Talk"), Jordan and his friends play the game at a party. Jordan kisses a girl and later believes that he has impregnated her.
- In Everything Sucks! Season 1, Episode 4 ("Romeo & Juliet in Space"), the four main characters (McQuaid, Tyler, Luke, and Kate) indulge in the game with the members of the drama club.
- In King of the Hill Season 7, Episode 1 ("Get Your Freak Off"), Bobby Hill is forced to play the game with a girl from his school. Bobby and the girl sit in the closet and talk (getting to know each other in the process), followed by the girl starting to unbutton his shirt, until Hank Hill (Bobby's father) pulls open the door and stops them.
- In Paris Hilton's My New BFF Season 1, Episode 5 ("You Gotta Have Class"), the contestants play Seven minutes in heaven with rapper Dirt Nasty in a closet as a challenge to test their discretion.
- In Boy Meets World Season 2, Episode 9 (“Fear Strikes Out”), Cory is worried about who will be joining him in the closet to make out. Luckily it turns out to be his friend Topanga, who informs Cory that they do not have to do anything. They spend most of the time discussing what they should do. Seconds before they agree to kiss, the door opens.
- Seven Minutes in Heaven is a 1985 teen film directed by Linda Feferman and starring Jennifer Connelly in one of her first film roles.
- Seven Hours in Heaven is a 2015 film written and directed by Kyle Gerkin where three couples play an adult variation of the game.
- The 2005 album From Under The Cork Tree of the American band Fall Out Boy has a song on it called "7 Minutes in Heaven (Atavan Halen)".
- The song Slumber Party of the American singer Britney Spears refers to the game Seven Minutes in Heaven.
- In Modern Family Season 7, Luke and Manny host a party for some exchange students whom they want to impress. The girls ask "When are we going to play Seven hours in heaven?"
|This game-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|