|Born||April 17, 1966|
|FIDE rating||2541 (January 2019)|
|Peak rating||2662 (January 1999)|
He is the man behind the popular chess website Crestbook, where, among other services, he provides online commentary to current chess events in Russian. One of the most popular areas of the site is "Ask Shipov" where Shipov answers questions on chess-related topics.
Shipov is a chess trainer and a chess writer. Among other players he worked with GMs Daniil Dubov, Grigoriy Oparin, and Andrey Esipenko. Shipov wrote a book "The Complete Hedgehog" about a system for black in Sicilian Defence. He is also a very strong blitz chess player with rating about 2700 on chess.com online playing zone. Shipov has a YouTube channel where he published videos with chess analysis.
- Дамский Я., Шипов С. Последняя интрига века. Каспаров-Крамник. Лондон 2000, Москва 2000, ISBN 5-93815-008-6 (in Russian)
- Шипов С., Еж. Хищники на шахматной доске, Москва 2004, ISBN 5-7905-2763-9 (in Russian)
- Shipov, Sergey (2010). The Complete Hedgehog, Vol. 1. Mongoose Press. ISBN 978-0-9791482-1-7.
- Shipov, Sergey (2011). The Complete Hedgehog, Vol. 2. Mongoose Press. ISBN 978-1-9362772-2-3.
- Sergei Shipov player profile and games at Chessgames.com
- Sergei Shipov's chess related articles, interviews, commentary, and analysis translations in english
|This biographical article relating to a Russian chess figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|