|Born||17 April 1966|
|FIDE rating||2541 (November 2019)|
|Peak rating||2662 (January 1999)|
|Peak ranking||No. 24 (January 1999)|
Shipov is the man behind the popular chess website Crestbook, where, among other services, he provides online commentary to current chess events in Russian. One of the most popular areas of the site is "Ask Shipov" where Shipov answers questions on chess-related topics.
Shipov is also chess trainer and a chess writer. Among other players he worked with Alexandra Kosteniuk, Ian Nepomniachtchi, Daniil Dubov, Grigoriy Oparin, and Andrey Esipenko. Shipov wrote a book about a system for black in Sicilian Defence, "The Complete Hedgehog". He is also a strong blitz chess player with rating about 2700 on chess.com online playing zone. Shipov has a YouTube channel where he published videos with chess analysis.
- Дамский Я., Шипов С. Последняя интрига века. Каспаров-Крамник. Лондон 2000, Москва 2000, ISBN 5-93815-008-6 (in Russian)
- Шипов С., Еж. Хищники на шахматной доске, Москва 2004, ISBN 5-7905-2763-9 (in Russian)
- Shipov, Sergey (2010). The Complete Hedgehog, Vol. 1. Mongoose Press. ISBN 978-0-9791482-1-7.
- Shipov, Sergey (2011). The Complete Hedgehog, Vol. 2. Mongoose Press. ISBN 978-1-9362772-2-3.
- "Crestbook шахматы онлайн" (in Russian).
- "Shipov: Chess as a sport and the three-point system". Chess News. ChessBase. 2011-08-07. Retrieved 2019-02-27.
- "Shipov wins Midnight Sun, Carlsen second". ChessBase. 2006-07-03. Retrieved 22 March 2016.
- Sergei Shipov chess games at 365Chess.com
- Sergei Shipov player profile and games at Chessgames.com
- Sergei Shipov FIDE rating history, 1991-2001 at Olimpbase.org
- Sergei Shipov's chess related articles, interviews, commentary, and analysis translations in English. Chess in Translation.
- Interview with GM Sergey Shipov by Natalia Pogonina
|This biographical article relating to a Russian chess figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|