Serena Scott Thomas
Serena Harriet Scott Thomas (born 21 September 1961) is an English actress. Her television roles include Diana, Princess of Wales in Diana: Her True Story in 1993. Her film appearances include The World Is Not Enough (1999), Hostage (2005), Brothel (2008), and Inherent Vice (2014).
Serena Scott Thomas
Serena Scott Thomas at a 2005 premiere of Hostage
Serena Harriet Scott Thomas
21 September 1961
Scott J. Tepper
(m. 1996; div. 2004)
|Relatives||Kristin Scott Thomas (sister)|
Scott Thomas was born in Nether Compton, Dorset. Her mother, Deborah (née Hurlbatt), was brought up in Hong Kong and Africa, and studied drama before marrying her father, Lieutenant Commander Simon Scott Thomas, a pilot in the Royal Navy who died in a flying accident in 1964. She is the younger sister of actress Kristin Scott Thomas, the niece of Admiral Sir Richard Thomas (who was Black Rod in the House of Lords), and a great-great-niece of Captain Scott, the ill-fated explorer who lost the race to the South Pole. Her surname is an amalgam of the surnames of those two families. The Scott Thomases also trace their lineage to Francis Godolphin, 2nd Earl of Godolphin, the owner of the famous Arabian horse Godolphin Barb.
Scott Thomas is known for her portrayal of Diana, Princess of Wales, in the television mini-series Diana: Her True Story (1993), and for playing the lead in the TV film Harnessing Peacocks (1993) and Dr. Molly Warmflash in the James Bond film The World Is Not Enough (1999). She played a villainous "watcher" in the Buffy the Vampire Slayer episode "Revelations" (1998) and also starred in the short-lived series All Souls (2001), as well as playing Bruce Willis's wife in the film Hostage (2005). She appeared on the television shows Nip/Tuck and N.C.I.S. and starred in the film Brothel (2008). She played the role of Carole Middleton, mother of Kate Middleton, in William & Kate: The Movie, a biopic of Kate's romance with Prince William.
Serena is fluent in four languages: English, French, Spanish and Italian. She also speaks Latin and understands Russian. She is a formidable Scrabble player and completes the New York Times crossword puzzles in ink.
- Let Him Have It (1991)
- Harnessing Peacocks (1992, TV film)
- Diana: Her True Story (1993, TV film)
- Sherwood's Travels (1994)
- Bermuda Grace (1994, TV film)
- The Way to Dusty Death (1995, TV film)
- Clair de Lune (1995, TV film)
- Nash Bridges Kelly Bridges (1996,1997 TV series)
- Nostromo (1996)
- Relax...It's Just Sex (1998)
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1998)
- The World Is Not Enough (1999)
- Skeleton Woman (2000)
- All Souls (2001)
- Code Hunter (2002)
- The Agency (2002)
- The Division (2003)
- She Spies (2003)
- Haven (2004)
- Hostage (2005)
- Over There (2005)
- Freddie (2006)
- The Thirst (2006)
- Wicked Wicked Games (2006–07)
- NCIS (2007)
- Nip/Tuck (2007)
- Brothel (2008)
- William & Kate (2011, TV film)
- Inherent Vice (2014)
- Rizzoli & Isles (2016)
- Scorpion (2017)
- "Scene change". Melbourne: theage.com.au. 12 October 2003.
- Kristin Scott Thomas Biography (1960–)
- "Kristin Scott Thomas learning to be herself". The New Zealand Herald. The Observer. 7 March 2008. Retrieved 9 November 2011.
- ThePeerage.com : View topic – Scott Thomas family update[unreliable source?]