This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Seema Bhargav Pahwa is an Indian actress and filmmaker. At the 63rd Filmfare Awards, she was nominated twice for the Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress for the films Bareilly Ki Barfi (2017) and Shubh Mangal Saavdhan (2017). She was nominated for the Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress in 65th Filmfare Awards as well for her role in Bala (2019).
Pahwa rose to prominence for her role of Badki in the popular Doordarshan soap opera Hum Log (1984-1985). As a theatre actor she worked with Delhi-based theatre group Sambhav, before moving to Mumbai in 1994 to work in films and continue her work in television and theatre.
Subsequently, she played Maasi, or Aunt on Kasamh Se (2006-2009), a popular Zee TV soap opera by Ekta Kapoor. The character is very kind and loving towards her nephew and his wife Bani Walia, the protagonist. She won Star Screen Award for Best Supporting Actress at the 2015 Screen Awards for the movie Ankhon Dekhi.
In 2014, she received acclaim for experiential theatre performance of Bhisham Sahni's satire on the middle-class, Saag Meat, where she cooked during the performance, and the food was served to the audience. She was also very popularly loved for her role in the series Hip Hip Hurray, where she played the role of a single mother of Mazhar.
|1984-85||Hum Log (TV Series)||Badki|
|1995||Sidhhi||Sneha Aditya Diwan|
|1996||Sardari Begum||Kulsum's Mother|
|1997||...Jayate (TV Movie)||Nurse Linda|
|1997||Pehla Pyar (TV Series)||Nirmala Mathur|
|1999||Godmother||Shanti (Veeram's sister-in-law)|
|2002-06||Astitva...Ek Prem Kahani||Archana's mother|
|2003||Aandhi (TV series)|
|2006-2009||Kasamh Se||Billo Masi|
|2008||Hum Ladkiyan (TV series)||Dadiji|
|2010||Tere Bin Laden||Shabbo|
|2012||Lakhon Mein Ek (TV series)|
|2012||Ferrari Ki Sawaari||Baboo Didi|
|2014||Ankhon Dekhi||Amma||Award for Best Supporting Actress at the 2015 Screen Awards|
|2015||Dum Laga Ke Haisha||Subhadra Rani|
|2015||All Is Well||Mamiji|
|2017||Bareilly Ki Barfi||Susheela Mishra||Nominated—Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress|
|2017||Shubh Mangal Saavdhan||Sugandha's Mother||Nominated—Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress|
|2018||Khajoor Pe Atke||Sushila|
|2019||Ek Ladki Ko Dekha Toh Aisa Laga||Billauri|
|2019||Arjun Patiala||MLA Prapti Makkad|
|2019||Bala||Mausi||Nominated—Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress|
|2019||Ramprasad Ki Tehrvi||Director||Debut as director|
- Alaka Sahani (23 August 2009). "Sister Act". Indian Express. Retrieved 26 January 2016.
- "Filmfare Awards 2020 Nominations | 65th Filmfare Awards 2020". filmfare.com. Retrieved 18 February 2020.
- "The soap that gripped the nation". The Telegraph (India). 6 July 2008. Retrieved 16 November 2010.
- Chandrima Pal (9 August 2015). "Manoj Pahwa and family on theatre, Bhisham Sahni and more". Mid Day. Retrieved 27 January 2016.
- "The Mint Planner". 7 August 2015. Retrieved 26 January 2016.
- Karan Bhardwaj (15 April 2014). "Culinary act". The Pioneer. Retrieved 26 January 2016.
- "Meet Mr and Mrs Pahwa: 'We have our tuning with each other for 30 years'".
- "Seema Pahwa to debut as director with film starring Naseeruddin Shah, Konkona Sen, Manoj Pahwa- Entertainment News, Firstpost". Firstpost. 2 August 2018. Retrieved 9 September 2019.
|This article about an Indian actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|