Secret Command is a 1944 American drama war film directed by A. Edward Sutherland and starring Pat O'Brien and Carole Landis. It was nominated for the Oscar for Best Effects (David Allen, Ray Cory, Robert Wright, Russell Malmgren, Harry Kusnick) in 1945.
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||A. Edward Sutherland|
|Produced by||Phil L. Ryan|
|Screenplay by||Roy Chanslor|
|Story by||John Hawkins|
|Music by||Paul Sawtell|
|Edited by||Viola Lawrence|
|Distributed by||Columbia Pictures|
The plot involves a U.S. effort to root out Nazi saboteurs at a shipyard during World War II. Pat O'Brien plays an American intelligence officer who goes undercover at the yard, working at a construction job and looking for possible spies among the managers and employees.
- Pat O'Brien as Sam Gallagher
- Carole Landis as Jill McGann
- Chester Morris as Jeff Gallagher
- Ruth Warrick as Lea Damaron
- Barton MacLane as Red Kelly
- Tom Tully as Colonel Hugo Von Braun aka 'Brownie' Brownell
- Wallace Ford as Miller
- Howard Freeman as Max Lessing
- Erik Rolf as Ben Royall
- Matt McHugh as Curly
- Frank Sully as Shawn
- Frank Fenton as Simms
- Charles D. Brown as James Thane
- Carol Nugent as Joan
- Richard Lyon as Paul
- "Secret Command". FilmAffinity. filmaffinity.com. Retrieved 16 December 2015.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-11-15. Retrieved 2011-06-18. Cite uses deprecated parameter
|deadurl=(help)CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "The 17th Academy Awards (1945) Nominees and Winners". oscars.org. Retrieved 2013-06-23.