Sean James Teale (born 18 June 1992) is a British actor, known for his roles as Prince Condé in Reign, Nick Levan in Skins, and Ben Larson in the Syfy series Incorporated. Co-stars in the new Fox sci-fi/drama series The Gifted.
Sean Teale interviewed at the
2017 New York Comic Con
Sean James Teale
18 June 1992
|Partner(s)||Adelaide Kane (2014-2016)|
Teale grew up in Putney, London. He is of Venezuelan, Spanish and Welsh origins. His father Noel is an IT consultant and his mother Fini works at a design advertising agency. Teale attended Latymer Upper School in Hammersmith where he played rugby and football and took drama.
His performance in a school play was spotted by an agent in the audience. Teale decided to switch his focus from sports to drama after his agents advised him to renounce for fear of damaging his looks. He began auditions as he was preparing for his A-levels in History, Drama and Economics. He has deferred his place at the University of Manchester studying History and Economics to pursue his acting career.
In January 2010 Teale played Derek in the short film Sergeant Slaughter, My Big Brother directed by Greg Williams starring Tom Hardy. Winner of Best Direction at the Chicago Short Film Fest 2010, the film was released into the film festival circuit in 2011. In the same year he played a werewolf in Nickelodeon’s Summer in Transylvania.
Teale gained popularity in 2011, when he landed a lead role as Nick Levan in the fifth and sixth series of E4 BAFTA-winning drama Skins, after originally auditioning for Rider, a minor role. Subsequently he appeared in History Channel's The Bible, a 10-hour docudrama created by Mark Burnett, and played regular roles in the second series of the period dramas Mr Selfridge and Reign.
In 2012 he was cast in Abominable Snowman (originally called Deadly Descent), a horror TV film directed by Marko Mäkilaakso and released on the American channel Syfy. In March 2012 he filmed, in Birmingham, We Are the Freaks, a teen comedy directed by Justin Edgar first screened at the Edinburgh International Film Festival 2013 and released in cinemas in 2014.
In 2015 he was in James McTeigue's thriller film Survivor and The Red Tent, a biblical television series filmed in Morocco. He starred in the short-lived USA Network TV series Incorporated in 2016.
Beginning in autumn 2017, Teale began his new role as Marcos Diaz, also known by his handle of "Eclipse," in Atlanta's barely-futuristic mutant world of mostly young people with special powers—where they are now hunted as criminals—in the new Fox sci-fi/drama series The Gifted. Although based on the Marvel Comics' X-Men feature film series, The Gifted takes place in an alternate timeline where all of The X-Men are missing. Eclipse can manipulate photons. Diaz grew up parentless, starting out as a younger man running drugs between México and the U.S., leading to his current passion of trafficking at-risk hunted mutants to relative safety.
|2010||Sergeant Slaughter, My Big Brother||Derek||Short film|
|2014||We Are the Freaks||Chunks|||
|2015||Graduation Afternoon||Bruce Hope||Short film|
|2016||The Dark Side of the Sun||Logan||Short film|
|2010||Summer in Transylvania||Brad||Episode 1.4|
|2011–12||Skins||Nick Levan||Main role (series 5–6); 18 episodes|
|2013||Abominable Snowman||Erlander||Television film (Syfy)|
|2013||The Bible||Young Ramses||Television miniseries; episode: "Exodus"|
|2014||Mr Selfridge||Franco||Main role (series 2); 10 episodes|
|2014–2015||Reign||Louis de Condé||Main role (season 2); 22 episodes|
|2014||The Red Tent||Prince Shalem||Lifetime miniseries|
|2016–2017||Incorporated||Ben Larson||Lead role|
|2017–2018||Voltron: Legendary Defender||King Alfor||Voice role; 4 episodes|
|2017–2019||The Gifted||Marcos Diaz/Eclipse||Main role|
- Skins 5 cast revealed
- "Sean Teale about his ethnic origins". Twitter. 5 August 2012. Retrieved 20 October 2013.
- Jury, Louise (25 January 2011). "Sean Teale: My leap from the school play to Skins 'alpha male'". Evening Standard. Retrieved 20 June 2014.
- "Meet Sean Teale". ScreenTerrier. 24 September 2010. Retrieved 20 June 2014.
- Tom Hardy: Sergeant Slaughter My Big Brother
- "Horror role". The Sun. Retrieved 27 December 2012.
- thisislondon.co.uk Sean Teale interview Archived 21 February 2011 at the Wayback Machine
- Sean Teale ('Skins') interview
- Ng, Philiana (17 December 2012). "History's 'Bible' Miniseries From Mark Burnett to Debut in March". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 27 December 2012.
- "New series Mr Selfridge ITV Studios goes production". itv. 25 April 2013. Retrieved 18 July 2013.
- Rodriguez, Stephanie (25 July 2014). "'Skins' alum Sean Teale joins the cast of The CW's 'Reign'". Young Adult Hollywood. Retrieved 6 August 2014.
- Cinemarx Deadly Descent
- "Syfy Sets January 2013 Premiere Dates for Tasmanian Devil and Abominable Snowman". Dread Central. 10 December 2012. Retrieved 27 December 2012.
- "We Are The Freaks". Screenterrier. 10 March 2012. Archived from the original on 17 April 2012. Retrieved 10 March 2012.
- "We Are The Freaks". Edimburgh Film Festival. Retrieved 18 July 2012.
- Carnevale, Rob. "Mr Selfridge – Sean Teale interview". Indie London. Retrieved 25 April 2014.
- Screened at the Edinburgh International Film Festival