Sealioning(Redirected from Sea lioning)
Sealioning (also spelled sea-lioning and sea lioning) is a type of trolling or harassment which consists of pursuing people with persistent requests for evidence or repeated questions. The harasser who uses this tactic also uses fake civility so as to discredit their target. The term arises from a 2014 edition of the webcomic Wondermark, where a character expresses a dislike of sea lions and a passing sea lion repeatedly asks the character to explain.
- Tegiminis (2014-11-20). "Why Sealioning Is Bad".
- "Anita Sarkeesian's Guide to Internetting While Female". Marie Claire. 2015-02-20. Retrieved 2018-01-11.
- Poland, Bailey (November 2016). Haters: Harassment, Abuse, and Violence Online. U of Nebraska Press. pp. 144–145. ISBN 978-1-61234-766-0.
- Malki, David (2014-09-19). "The Terrible Sea Lion". Wondermark. Retrieved 2018-02-06.
- Maxwell, Kerry (2015-10-06). "Definition of Sea lion". Macmillan Dictionary. Retrieved 2018-01-10.