This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2017)
Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art (SMoCA) in the state of Arizona is a museum in the Old Town district of downtown Scottsdale, Arizona. The museum is dedicated to exhibiting modern works of art, design and architecture. The Museum has four galleries that house various exhibitions, curated from their growing permanent collection and rotating shows. Knight Rise skyspace, by Arizona artist James Turrell, is permanently on view.
|Location||7374 E. 2nd St|
Scottsdale, AZ 85251 United States
The museum is run for the city by Scottsdale Arts, a non-profit corporation.
- Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art: About, SMoCA, 2008, retrieved 2008-12-09
- "Director's Message". SMoCA. 2019-02-12. Retrieved 2019-09-18.
- Christine Bailey (3 January 2011). Explorer's Guide Phoenix, Scottsdale, Sedona & Central Arizona: A Great Destination. Countryman Press. pp. 101–. ISBN 978-1-58157-118-9.
- Rubin, Rich (27 Jan 1999). "Culture blossoming in Arizona desert: Scottsdale will open a top-notch museum of contemporary art while the Heard Museum in Phoenix will see a major expansion". The Globe and Mail. Toronto. ProQuest 384488385.
- Architectural Digest. John C. Brasfield Publishing Corporation. 2008.
- Bartkowski, Becky (2016-12-06). "Jennifer McCabe and Natalie Marsh Join SMoCA, Scottsdale Arts". Phoenix New Times. Retrieved 2017-07-25.