Scoreloop (a subsidiary of BlackBerry) was a cross-platform social gaming network for the operating systems including BlackBerry (Tablet OS and BlackBerry 10), Android, Bada, iOS and Windows Phone 7.
Scoreloop (a subsidiary of BlackBerry)
The company, based in Munich, Germany, raised US$2.8 million to help create the service that they founded in 2008. Early Investors included Earlybird Venture Capital and Target Partners. In March 2010, Scoreloop gave developers that used its service the ability to monetize their apps using the company's services. The network was among the first to add support for Android apps.
During August 2010, Scoreloop revealed that its user base was growing by over 100,000 new users per day.
On July 8, 2014, BlackBerry announced that the Scoreloop service is to be discontinued starting December 1, 2014 and encouraged all developers to remove all Scoreloop features and integrations from their developed games.
- "Scoreloop and OpenFeint : Private Beta offers social gaming on Windows Phone 8". BestWP7Games. 18 February 2011. Archived from the original on 8 September 2011.
- Duryee, Tricia (2009-08-18). "Scoreloop Raises $2.8 Million For Mobile Social Gaming". paidContent. Retrieved 2010-06-15.
- Takahashi, Dean (2009-04-16). "Scoreloop launches social game platform for iPhone". VentureBeat. Retrieved 2010-06-15.
- Biyani, Gagan (2010-03-31). "ScoreLoop Launches White Label Service for iPhone App Monetization". MobileCrunch. TechCrunch. Retrieved 2010-06-15.
- Jordan, Jon. "Scoreloop adds Android support to its iPhone social networking tech". Pocket Gamer. Retrieved 2010-06-15.
- Lowensohn, Josh (2010-08-17). "Scoreloop growing at 100k new users a day". CNET News. Retrieved 2010-11-05.
- The Canadian Press (2011-07-06). "RIM buys social game maker Scoreloop". The Globe and mail. Retrieved 2011-07-06.
- "Will RIM End Up in Dell's Arms?". sramanamitra.com. Retrieved 2012-07-25.
- Scoreloop (2014-07-08). "Termination of Scoreloop SDK License Agreement (the "Agreement") & Shutdown of Scoreloop Services". Scoreloop. Archived from the original on 2016-03-03. Retrieved 2014-07-21.