This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2012)
Satanic Art is an EP by Norwegian black metal band Dødheimsgard. It was released in May 1998, by Moonfog Productions. Satanic Art marks the beginning of Dødheimsgard's transition from black metal to a more industrial/avant-garde sound, which was not fully realized until their next album, 666 International (1999).
|Recorded||March 1996, mid-1997 at BBM Studio|
|Genre||Black metal, industrial metal|
|Producer||Bjørn Boge, Dødheimsgard|
It was Dødheimsgard's first release to feature Svein Egil Hatlevik (Fleurety) on keyboards, their only one to feature Galder (Dimmu Borgir, Old Man's Child) on guitars and the last to feature Cerberus on bass.
The samples used in the songs "Traces of Reality" and "Wrapped in Plastic" are both taken from the TV series Twin Peaks.
William York of AllMusic said the album is "more than just a transitional effort, Satanic Art stands on its own as a daring, defiant piece of work".
All lyrics are written by Aldrahn; all music is composed by Vicotnik.
|2.||"Traces of Reality"||7:07|
|4.||"The Paramount Empire"||3:10|
|5.||"Wrapped in Plastic" (instrumental)||1:40|
- Mr. Always Safe and Sound/Aldrahn (Bjørn Dencker Gjerde) – guitars, vocals
- Mr. Anti-Evolution Human Deviation/Galder (Thomas Rune Andersen Orre) – guitars
- Mr. Dingy Sweet Talker Women Stalker/Hologram (Svein Egil Hatlevik) – keyboards
- Mr. Nebulous Secrets/Apollyon (Ole Jørgen Moe) – drums, percussion
- Mr. Dead Meat Smelly Feet/Cerberus – bass
- Mr. Fantastic Deceptionist/Vicotnik (Yusaf Parvez) – guitars, programming, vocals (4)
- Stine Lunde – violins (2)
- Garm (Kristoffer Rygg) – mastering
- Tom "Thrawn" Kvålsvoll – mastering
- Bjørn Boge – production, engineering, mixing
- Bjørn Werner – additional mixing
- ^ a b York, William. "Satanic Art – Dodheimsgard : Songs, Reviews, Credits, Awards : AllMusic". AllMusic. Retrieved 17 September 2012.