Tom Rune Andersen (born 18 October 1976), also known by his stage name Galder, is a Norwegian guitarist, and vocalist. He is from the small town of Jessheim, north of Oslo. He is a founding member of the melodic black metal band Old Man's Child as well as the lead guitarist in Dimmu Borgir. In 1993, under the stage name Grusom, he, Jardar and Tjodalv created Old Man's Child. On Old Man's Child albums, he has performed vocal work, guitars, bass, and keyboards, though with a full line-up his primary instruments are guitar and keyboards, as well as vocals. He joined Dimmu Borgir in 2000 but has kept Old Man's Child alive.
|Birth name||Tom Rune Andersen|
|Also known as||Galder|
|Born||18 October 1976|
|Genres||Black metal, symphonic black metal|
|Instruments||Guitar, vocals, bass, keyboards|
|Associated acts||Old Man's Child, Dimmu Borgir, Dødheimsgard|
Galder has also worked with other Norwegian bands such as Dødheimsgard. Member of Dødheimsgard, Aldrahn, wrote some of the lyrics for Old Man's Child demo album In the Shades of Life. He has two sons, Alex and Kevin, who could be read on the credits of Slaves of the World.
With Old Man's Child
- In the Shades of Life (1994)
- Born of the Flickering (1996)
- The Pagan Prosperity (1997)
- Ill-Natured Spiritual Invasion (1998)
- Revelation 666 - The Curse of Damnation (2000)
- In Defiance of Existence (2003)
- Vermin (2005)
- Slaves of the World (2009)
With Dimmu Borgir
- Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia (2001)
- World Misanthropy (2002) (DVD)
- Death Cult Armageddon (2003)
- In Sorte Diaboli (2007)
- Abrahadabra (2010)
- Forces of the Northern Night (2017)
- Eonian (2018)
- Satanic Art (1998)
- Behind the Player: Dimmu Borgir (DVD, 2010,
- ESP Galder Custom V guitar with Pentagram graphic
- Ltd Shadow Galder signature guitar
- ESP SV series, F Series, and V Series Guitars
- Jackson Guitars (Former)
- Randall Amplification (Former)
- Peavey Amplification
- Marshall amplifiers(Former)
- ENGL amplifiers (Former)
- Shure wireless systems
- D'addario strings
- Dunlop Picks with Pentagram graphic
- DaRonco, Mike. "Biography-One Man's Child". Allmusic. Retrieved 20 February 2010.
- Torreano, Bradley. "Biography-Dimmu Borgir". Allmusic. Retrieved 20 February 2010.
- "Old Man's Child - The Pagan Prosperity - Reviews - Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives". www.metal-archives.com. Retrieved 2019-09-21.
- "Galder - Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives". www.metal-archives.com. Retrieved 2019-09-21.
- "MELODIES D OUTRE TOMBE - Page 3". gothic.centerblog.net. Retrieved 2019-09-21.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-07-16. Retrieved 2010-07-10.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)