Sarah Jane Steele
September 16, 1988
Steele was born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Her mother, Katherine A. High, is a hematology oncology physician at the University of Pennsylvania, and her father, George Steele, is an internal medicine physician specializing in nutrition who was on the faculty of the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine. Steele graduated with the class of 2006 from The Episcopal Academy, a private school in southeast Pennsylvania. She graduated from Columbia University in 2011 with a B.A. in English.
After her breakout role as Bernice in the 2004 film Spanglish, Steele continued acting, appearing on an episode of Law & Order and in the films: Mr. Gibb, which co-stars Hayden Panettiere, Tim Daly and Dan Hedaya; and Margaret, which co-stars Matt Damon, Matthew Broderick, Anna Paquin, Mark Ruffalo, and Allison Janney.
Steele appeared in the Off-Broadway production of The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie, which ran in September 2006 to December 2006 at the Acorn Theater. From 2007 to 2008 she appeared in the Off-Broadway play Speech & Debate. From January to March 2012 she appeared in the Off-Broadway play Russian Transport at the Acorn Theatre, playing the role of Mira. In late 2014 Steele made her Broadway debut in The Country House by Donald Margulies, playing the granddaughter, Susie, opposite Blythe Danner. In 2015 she appeared in the play The Humans, first Off-Broadway and then on Broadway. She has also appeared in other Off-Broadway and regional productions.
In 2009, Steele appeared on Gossip Girl as Kira Abernathy, Jenny Humphrey's rival at Cotillion and Eric van der Woodsen's friend. Steele appeared in three episodes of The Good Wife in 2011 as Marissa Gold, the daughter of Eli Gold (Alan Cumming). She reprised the role from 2014 to 2016 when the show ended, appearing in a total of 22 episodes, and now plays the role on the Good Wife spinoff The Good Fight.
|2004||Spanglish||Bernice "Bernie" Clasky|
|2006||Mr. Gibb||Amber Jinx||released on DVD as The Good Student|
|2008||The Lucky Ones||Girl with jacket|
|2008||Old Days||Carla||Short film|
|2009||My Father's Will||Nancy Curtis|
|2012||Last Kind Words||Katie|
|2013||The To Do List||Wendy|
|2017||Speech & Debate||Diwata|
|2018||Ask for Jane||Donna|
|TBA||Viena and the Fantomes||Completed|
|2006||Law & Order||Katie White||Episode: "Cost of Capital"|
|2008||Law & Order: Criminal Intent||Tessa Nobile||Episode: "Legacy"|
|2009||Gossip Girl||Kira Abernathy||Guest role; 2 episodes|
|The Good Wife||Marissa Gold||Recurring role; 22 episodes|
|2011||Harry's Law||Sela Vinson||Episode: "Queen of Snark"|
|2013||Blue Bloods||Rebecca||Episode: "Men in Black"|
|2013||Nurse Jackie||Hannah Cohen||Guest role; 2 episodes|
|2016||Bull||Ellen Huff||Episode: "Unambiguous"|
|2017–present||The Good Fight||Marissa Gold||Series regular|
- King, Susan (2004-12-26). "Growing into her biggest film role". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2010-08-02.
- Healy, Patrick (June 28, 2012). "Sarah Steele, Star of LCT3's 'Slowgirl'". The New York Times.
- "Archives - Philly.com". Retrieved 19 February 2017.
- Kaufman, Joanne (2015-11-06). "In Search of Dim Sum With 'The Good Wife' Actress Sarah Steele". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2019-10-18.
- "Sarah Steele Off-Broadway" lortel.org, accessed September 16, 2016
- "EXCLUSIVE: 'The Good Fight' Star Sarah Steele Says Goodbye to Teenage Roles With 'Speech & Debate'". Entertainment Tonight. Retrieved 2019-10-18.
- "'Gossip Girl' exclusive: Nate's hot cuz returns!". EW.com. Retrieved 2019-10-18.
- "Sarah Steele Talks Growing Up on 'The Good Fight' and Playing the "Anti-Kalinda"". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2019-10-18.