Samasthanam is a 2002 Tamil family drama film directed by Raj Kapoor. The film features R. Sarathkumar in dual role, Suresh Gopi, Devayani, and Abhirami in the lead roles. The film, produced by M. Kajamydeen and K. Ayishawas, had musical score by Deva and was released on 27 September 2002 to average reviews.
|Directed by||Raj Kapoor|
|Produced by||M. Kajamydeen|
|Written by||Raj Kapoor|
|Edited by||V. T. Vijayan|
|27 September 2002|
Thiru (R. Sarathkumar) and Surya (Suresh Gopi) are inseparable friends. They are so close to each other that Thiru selects a bride for Surya and vice versa. Their friendship is carried over from their grandfathers and fathers, who were thick friends. Thiru brings up Surya's daughter because he has no children. Shankara (Ashish Vidyarthi) wants to separate them and does all he could to. Surya's sister becomes pregnant due to a love affair with Shankara's brother. On the eve of her wedding, Divya (Devayani), Thiru's wife, helps her run away with the guy she loves. This breaks the friendship between the two as Surya's mother (Vadivukkarasi) poisons his ears against Thiru. As expected, Shankara is behind this because he wants to avenge the death of his father Easwaramoorthy (Raj Kapoor), who was killed by Thiru's father Vetrishwaran (R. Sarathkumar), an honest police inspector. Finally, in the climax, the two destroy Shankara, resolve their differences, and unite in the end.
- R. Sarathkumar as Thiru and Inspector Vetrishwaran IPS
- Suresh Gopi as Surya
- Devayani as Divya
- Abhirami as Aisha
- Ashish Vidyarthi as Shankara
- Vadivukkarasi as Surya's mother
- Chandrasekhar as Sundarapandian, Surya's father
- Manivannan as Parama
- Sabitha Anand as Parama's wife
- Raj Kapoor as Eswaramoorthy, Shankara's father
- Viji Chandrasekhar as Shankara's mother
- Ramji as Deva
- Lavanya as Sudha
- Vinod Kishan as Young Shankara
|Soundtrack album by|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|1||'Stella Maris'||Silambarasan Rajendar||P. Vijay||5:38|
|2||'Oru Kuringi Poo'||Krishnaraj, Anuradha Sriram, Srinivas||6:16|
|3||'Penne Penne'||P. Unnikrishnan, Harini, Tippu, Ganga||Na. Muthukumar||6:23|
|4||'Eswaraa Eswaraa'||Krishnaraj, Tippu||P. Vijay||5:46|
|6||'Malaraai Malaraai'||P. Unnikrishnan||2:12|
The Hindu wrote "Lengthy flashbacks and unwarranted song sequences mar the tempo of Samasthanam. The story is strong, but the screenplay lacks crispness". Sify wrote "The director of the film Raj Kapur has not been able to come out with anything new as this film stretches beyond belief and endurance too".
- "Samasthanam". popcorn.oneindia.in. Retrieved 27 October 2011.
- "Filmography of samasthanam". cinesouth.com. Retrieved 21 April 2012.
- "Find Tamil Movie Samasthanam". jointscene.com. Retrieved 21 April 2012.
- "Samasthanam Songs". raaga.com. Retrieved 27 October 2011.
- "Samasthanam By Deva". muzigle.com. Retrieved 27 October 2011.
- "Samasthanam audio songs online". musicmazaa.com. Retrieved 27 October 2011.
- "Samasthanam Songs". oosai.com. Retrieved 27 October 2011.
- Malathi Rangarajan (4 October 2002). "The Hindu : Samasthanam". hindu.com. Retrieved 27 October 2011.