|Born||July 29, 1960|
|Occupation||Real estate developer|
A native of Taiwan, Chang dropped out of high school to help his parents manage a Los Angeles hotel. Prior to becoming a developer in New York City, Chang operated hotels and restaurants in the suburbs of Baltimore, Maryland. His first New York project was in 1997.
Chang is the chairman of McSam Hotel Group, and is one of the largest hotel developers in New York City. His company has completed 25 hotels in the five boroughs of New York City, with a stated goal of at least 50. He currently has 4,000 rooms under development for a variety of national hotel chains. He is the first Asian American to build a high-rise hotel in Manhattan.
Chang has four children: Danny, Kevin, Jeffrey, and Jennifer.
- Elkies |, Lauren. "Sam Chang - The Real Deal". The Real Deal New York. Retrieved 2020-07-15.
- Bahree, Megha (2006-06-19), "Upgrading", Forbes, retrieved 2008-03-01
- Jones, David (2008-02-29), "Chang bets big on Trump Entertainment", The Real Deal, archived from the original on 2008-03-08, retrieved 2008-03-01
- Ferris, Marc (2006-12-01), "Checking in with Sam Chang", The Real Deal, archived from the original on 2008-12-01, retrieved 2008-03-01
- Bagli, Charles (2009-10-02). "Little Rooms, Big Profits". New York Times.
- Bernstein, Fred A. (2008-02-17), "In Hotel Design, He's Mr. Prolific", New York Times, retrieved 2008-03-01
- News Release: Hilton Hotels Corporation Announces Top Developers and Hotels Among Focused-Service Brands, Hilton Hotels Corporation, 2007-03-12, archived from the original on 2013-11-03, retrieved 2008-03-01
- Shott, Chris (2007-12-11), "Cha-Chang! Sam Chang Builds First, Brands Later", New York Observer, archived from the original on 2011-05-17, retrieved 2008-03-01
- The Real Deal: "Sam Chang" by Lauren Elkies retrieved March 23, 2014