|Cincinnati Reds – No. 47|
|Born: October 12, 1993|
Syosset, New York
|April 16, 2017, for the Cincinnati Reds|
|MLB statistics |
(through 2019 season)
|Earned run average||5.17|
Romano was drafted by the Cincinnati Reds in the 23rd round of the 2011 Major League Baseball draft out of Southington High School in Southington, Connecticut. He signed with the Reds rather than attended the University of Tennessee.
After signing, Romano made his professional debut with the Billings Mustangs and he spent the whole season there, going 5-6 with a 5.32 ERA in 15 starts. He spent 2013 with the Dayton Dragons where he compiled a 7-11 record and 4.86 ERA in 15 starts, and he returned there in 2014, going 8-11 with a 4.12 ERA in 28 starts. He spent 2015 with the Daytona Tortugas and Pensacola Blue Wahoos, compiling a combined 6-9 record and 4.82 ERA in 26 games (25 starts). After the season, the Reds added him to their 40-man roster. In 2016, Romano returned to Pensacola where he pitched to a 6-11 record with a 3.52 ERA and 1.22 WHIP in 27 starts.
Romano began the 2017 season with the Louisville Bats. He was recalled to the Reds on April 16 and he made his major league debut that same day. Romano was sent back down to Louisville two days later. He was recalled from Louisville multiple times during the season before being recalled for the last time on July 18. In ten starts for Louisville he was 1-4 with a 3.47 ERA, and in 16 starts for Cincinnati, he compiled a 5-8 record and 4.45 ERA.
Romano began 2018 as a member of Cincinnati's starting rotation. He ended the season with a record of 8-11 in 39 games (25 starts). Romano began 2019 as a relief pitcher with Louisville. On July 22, Romano was recalled back to Cincinnati. The next day, Romano would pitch 3 innings while giving up only 3 hits and 1 earned run and threw 2 strikeouts en route to recording a save in a win over the Milwaukee Brewers.
- "Southington High's Sal Romano To Sign With Reds". tribunedigital-thecourant. Retrieved November 20, 2015.
- "Southington's Sal Romano starring in front of sold-out crowds". nhregister.com. 2014-06-07. Retrieved November 20, 2015.
- "Southington's Romano ready for new season with Reds". Central Connecticut Communications. Retrieved November 20, 2015.
- Record-Journal Publishing Co. "Former SHS pitcher Romano inches closer to dream". myrecordjournal.com. Retrieved November 20, 2015.
- Record-Journal Publishing Co. "Reds promote Southington's Romano to Double-A". myrecordjournal.com. Retrieved November 20, 2015.
- "Sal Romano Stats, Highlights, Bio - MiLB.com Stats - The Official Site of Minor League Baseball". MiLB.com. Retrieved May 30, 2018.
- Career statistics and player information from MLB, or ESPN, or Baseball-Reference, or Fangraphs, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)
|This biographical article relating to an American baseball pitcher born in the 1990s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|