|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Vehicle registration||UP 20|
As of 2001[update], the India census showed Sahanpur had a population of 18,349. Males constitute 52% of the population and females 48%. Sahanpur has an average literacy rate of 37%, lower than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 42%, and female literacy is 32%. In Sahanpur, 21% of the population is under 6 years of age.
This section does not cite any sources. (December 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Sahanpur was a Jat state of Kakran clan of Hindu Kashtriya Jat which claims its descent from lord Rama. The founder of this state was Rai Padarth Singh. Raja Charat Shamsher Jung Singh was a king of this state. Their reign was from Sahanpur to Hari ki Paudi,Haridwar. This clan established a beautiful fort named as Sabalgarh Fort and palace in Sahanpur in which the current royal family reside. They were also awarded with the title of Rai. Kunwar Bhartendu Singh is the current titular king and MP from the Bijnor parliament seat.
1. Raja Charat Singh Inter College.
2. Peace Model Junior High School.
3. Chacha Nehru School. 4. Vedh Ghasi Ram . 5. Rifa e Aam Public School . 6. Mahar Public School . 7. Arya Samaj Shishu MAndir . 8. Bal Shishu Mandir . 9. sadaf Public School . 10. P.V.Sahanpur 1 . 11. P.V.Sahanpur 2 . 12. Kanya Junior High School . 13. kundan singh high school sahanpur Madaris (मदरसे)
1. Farook-UL—Uloom High School.
2. Farook-UL—Uloom Girls High School.
3. Siraj-ul-uloom . 4. Ansari-Ul-Uloom . 5. Ashraf Ul Uloom .
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
|This Bijnor district location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|