Safari Books Online
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (September 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, potentially preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (September 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Safari Books Online LLC is a digital library founded in July 2000 and headquartered in Sebastopol, California, with offices in Boston and Scottsdale. Safari characterizes itself as a "platform for technology and business learning".
|Parent company||O'Reilly Media|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Headquarters location||Sebastopol, California|
|Publication types||digital books|
Safari Books Online originated in 2001 as a joint venture between O'Reilly Media and the Pearson Technology Group. In 2014 O'Reilly Media acquired Pearson's stake, making Safari Books Online a wholly owned subsidiary of O'Reilly Media.
Safari's main product is a subscription-based, digital library that includes books, videos, short-form content ("Short Cuts"), and evolving manuscripts ("Rough Cuts") from O'Reilly Media and from other publishers, including Addison-Wesley, Prentice Hall, Springer Nature, Peachpit, John Wiley & Sons, Microsoft Press, Adobe Press, Cisco Press, Manning Publications, Packt, SAS Publishing, IBM Press, FT Press and Focal Press.
Safari has a variety of subscription plans for individuals and institutions.
- "Safari Acquires Technology Leadership Training Company Popforms". PR Newswire. PR Newswire Association LLC. 2015-06-24. Retrieved 2016-11-10.
Safari, the leading global platform for technology and business learning, announced today the purchase of the assets of Popforms, a creator of courses and tools supporting technical leaders looking to advance in their careers.
- "O'Reilly purchases Pearson's stake in Safari". O'Reilly Media. 4 August 2014.
- Tim Warner (8 July 2008). "Introduction to Safari Books Online". InformIT. Retrieved 5 September 2011.
- "Wiley Joins Safari Books Online". Bookseller And Publisher Online. 6 November 2007. Retrieved 5 September 2011.
- "Safari Books Online Adds Manning Publications". EContent. Information Today. 22 July 2008. Retrieved 5 September 2011.
- "Packt Publishing adds books to Safari Books Online". Packt Publishing. 27 March 2008. Retrieved 4 September 2011.
- ACM Learning Center
- Heim, Anna (3 January 2013). "Digital publisher Safari Books Online buys PubFactory's Electronic Platform". TNW News. The Next Web. Retrieved 22 October 2015.
|This business-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|