Systems on Silicon Manufacturing
Systems on Silicon Manufacturing Co. Pte. Ltd. (more commonly known as SSMC) is a Singaporean semiconductor fabrication company located in Pasir Ris Wafer Fab Park. It was incorporated in 1999 and is a joint venture between NXP Semiconductors and TSMC. Founded by NXP Semiconductors and EDB Investments, the plant was completed in 2000.
|Jagadish CV (CEO)|
Founded in December 1998, the company is a joint venture between NXP Semiconductors and TSMC. Key technologies that the organisation specializes in range from 0.25-micron to 0.14-micron that support logic, embedded flash memory, mixed signal and RF applications. In addition to manufacturing, the company also offers commercial advice and support services to customer’s business process.
The company has been frequently upgrading its manufacturing capabilities and products which are influenced by the demand cycles of the semiconductor industry. In 2007, the company established a Research and Development center to develop specialized manufacturing process, automotive, near field communication and RF markets. In 2010, SSMC shifted its focus from producing chips catering to devices such as, smartphones and laptops, to high-performance mixed signal (HPMS) semiconductor chips, which are mostly used in biometric passports, to support technology applications aimed at solving everyday challenges.
Constructed at a cost of S$2 billion, the gross floor area of the plant is about 90,000 square metres (970,000 sq ft). Construction of the plant started in 2000 and was completed by 2001, with a production output of 30,000 wafers per month. The manufacturing facilities are upgraded constantly to meet market demands and in 2010, its monthly production capacity increased to 53,000 wafers.
- "Jagadish CV - Member of Board of Advisors". SSIA. Retrieved October 22, 2015.
- "SSMC Sustainability Report 2007" (PDF). SSMC. 2007. Retrieved October 22, 2015.
- "SSMC is Singapore Quality Award Winner in 2005" (PDF). SSMC. 2005. Retrieved October 22, 2015.
- "NXP Semiconductors raises stake in SSMC to more than 60 percent". NXP. November 16, 2006. Retrieved October 22, 2015.
- "NXP raises stake in SSMC". EET Asia. November 20, 2006. Retrieved October 22, 2015.
- "SSMC Process Development Final" (PDF). November 2006. Retrieved October 22, 2015.
- "SSMC focuses future growth on 'specialty wafers'". ZDNet. March 24, 2010. Retrieved October 22, 2015.
- "SSMC Announces US$30 Million Investment to Mark its 10th Anniversary in Singapore" (PDF). SSMC. March 24, 2010. Retrieved October 22, 2015.
- "SSMC 200/300mm CMOS Fabs, Singapore". Semiconductor Technology. Retrieved October 22, 2015.
|This technology article about a corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to a manufacturing company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Singaporean corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|