This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
Sir Salimullah Medical College (SSMC) is a public medical college in Dhaka, Bangladesh. The medical college has been producing quality physicians, eminent researchers and health policy makers who are currently working in different medical sectors at home and abroad. It includes Mitford Hospital, which is the oldest hospital in the country and one of the earliest hospitals in this subcontinent from where the evolution of medical education started. Mitford Hospital Established in 1857.
স্যার সলিমুল্লাহ মেডিকেল কলেজ, ঢাকা
|Dhaka Medical School|
|Type||Public Medical College|
|University of Dhaka|
|Principal||Prof. Dr. Md. Nurul Huda Lenin|
|Director of Hospital||Brig. Gen. Kazi Rashid-un-Nabi|
- Sandhani-"Donate Blood,Save life"
- LEO-"Be great,Be LEO"
- Companion Band-"The name of feelings"(Campus Authorized Band.)
- Debate and Quiz Society Of SSMC.
The library is situated on the ground floor of new academic building with a large collection of medical books. SSMC has a developing library section with books about educational innovations, educational psychology, instructional techniques, curriculum development, curriculum evaluation etc. Many WHO and other publications on Human Resource Development for health are also available. The library is enriched with more than 150 journals and 23000 medical books.[non-primary source needed]
Sir Salimullah Medical College Journal is a biannual journal published by the editorial board on behalf of Sir Salimullah Medical College Teachers’ Association. Each issue includes editorial, original articles, review articles and case reports of exceptional merit on any discipline of medical science. It is a peer-reviewed, open access journal which is listed in the MEDLINE database.[non-primary source needed]
Sir Salimullah Medical College graduates have a strong alumni presence in USA, UK and Canada. SSMC Alumni Association Abroad is an organization of the alumni who are currently living abroad. The association is involved in exchange of skills and education with the college. They provide scholarship every year to the students of SSMC. The organization responds to national and international crisis, they made donations towards the victims of east coast natural disaster and famine-stricken children of Somalia.[non-primary source needed]
- Prof. Dr. Abul Bashar Mohammed Khurshid Alam, eminent surgeon, Director General of Directorate General of Health Services
- Dr. Sezan Mahmud, writer, lyricist, columnist, Professor of Medicine at the University of Central Florida College of Medicine
- Dr. Azharul Haque, intellectual killed in the Bangladesh Liberation War
- Dr. Rakhal Chandra Das, intellectual killed in the Bangladesh Liberation War
- Dr. Moin Uddin Ahmed, politician, Member of Parliament
- Benoy Krishna Basu, Indian Freedom Fighter