Ryu Mi-yong (14 February[a] 1921 – 23 November 2016) was the chairwoman of the North Korean Chondoist Chongu Party. She was a standing committee member of the 10th Supreme People's Assembly. She was known as a defector from South Korea to the North. She and her husband Choe Deok-sin defected to the North in 1986. In 2000, she led a delegation of defectors to the South on an officially sanctioned reunion with family they left behind.
|Revised Romanization||Ryu Mi-yeong|
On her funeral committee were:
- 7 January According to the Lunar Calendar
- "S. Korea allows son of late N.K. official to visit Pyongyang". Yonhap News Agency. Retrieved 25 November 2016.
- "Ryu Mi-yong -- Representitive(sic) of Chongdogyo in North Korean". High Beam Research. August 16, 2000. Archived from the original on October 26, 2012. Retrieved 10 October 2012.
- Korea Times
- The Daily Telegraph
- "Birthday Spread to Ryu Mi Yong". Naenara. KCNA. 15 February 2016. Retrieved 15 February 2016.
- "Ryu Mi Yong (1921-2016)". North Korea Leadership Watch. 24 November 2016. Retrieved 30 August 2018.
|This article about a North Korean politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|