Royal Moroccan Football Federation
The Royal Moroccan Football Federation, (in Arabic: الجامعة الملكية المغربية لكرة القدم) or (in French: Fédération royale marocaine de football), is the governing body of football in Morocco. It is based in Rabat.
On 5 February 2015, The CAF Executive Committee decided to suspend the Morocco national football team from the next two editions of the Africa Cup of Nations, 2017 and 2019, and to impose on the Royal Moroccan Football Federation the regulatory fine of US$1 million, along with the sum of 8.05 million Euros in compensation for all material damage sustained by CAF, stakeholders and partners as a result of the decision not to host 2015 edition. The penalty was lifted later and Morocco participated in Gabon's 2017 AFCONs, reaching the Quarter finals.
Record of the Moroccan national teamEdit
- World Cup
- second round : 1986.
- LG Cup
- Final : 1999.
- 3rd Place : 2002, 2011.
- Hassan II Cup
- 3rd Place : 1996, 1998.
- Final : 2000.
- Arab Cup
- Semi-Final : 2002.
- Winner : 2012
- Arab games
- Semi-final : 1957.
- Winner : 1961, 1976.
- Final : 1985.
- Africa cup
Record of junior national teamsEdit
- World Cup Juniors
- 3 Participation's : 1977, 1997, 2005.
- Huitième final : 1997.
- Semi-final : 2005.
- Africa Cup Juniors
- Winner : 1997.
- Semi-final : 1987, 2005.
- Friend's league
- Winner : 2004.
- Palestine Cup
- Winner : 1989.
Fifa rejected an election in 2013, and demanded a new election in 2014. A term generally lasts four years.
- Histoire du Football au Maroc, federation royal marocaine de football
- "MOROCCO FINED, BANNED FROM TWO AFCON TOURNAMENTS". Confédération Africaine de Football. 2015-02-06. Retrieved 2015-02-07.
- "Fifa rejects football elections in Morocco". BBC Sport. November 2013.
The Fifa Emergency Committee has decided not to recognise the elections held by the Moroccan (Federation) on 10 November 2013
- "Housni Benslimane quitte la présidence". Maghress. April 2009.
- "Ali Fassi Fihri takes control of the Moroccan football federation". goal.com. 2009.
|This article about an association football-related organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about sports in Morocco is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|