Rorden Michael E. C. Wilkinson (13 February 1970) FAcSS FRSA is a British academic and author. He is professor of global political economy and deputy pro-vice-chancellor for education and innovation at the University of Sussex, and a fellow of the UK Trade Policy Observatory.
He was previously professor of international political economy in the School of Social Sciences at the University of Manchester (1997–2014) and research director of the Brooks World Poverty Institute. Between 1995 and 1997 he was an assistant lecturer in international relations in the Department of Political Studies at the University of Auckland, New Zealand. He has been a visiting professor at Brown University, Wellesley College, and the Australian National University.
He graduated from the University of Liverpool with an undergraduate degree in economics and economic history and from the University of Kent with a master's degree in international relations. He obtained his PhD from the University of Auckland in 1997.
Along with Thomas G. Weiss he co-edits the Global Institutions book series for the commercial publisher Routledge. He is a Fellow of the Academy of Social Sciences and the Royal Society of Arts, and a member of the editorial board of the international public policy journal Global Governance. He is a past vice president of the International Studies Association and was the 2014 recipient of the International Studies Association Society for Women in International Political Economy mentoring award.
- Thomas G. Weiss and Rorden Wilkinson, Rethinking Global Governance, Cambridge: Polity, 2019
- Rorden Wilkinson, What's Wrong with the WTO and How to Fix it, Cambridge: Polity, 2014
- Rorden Wilkinson, The WTO: Crisis and the Governance of Global Trade, London and New York: Routledge, 2006
- Rorden Wilkinson, Multilateralism and the World Trade Organisation: the architecture and extension of international trade regulation, London and New York: Routledge, 2000
- Thomas G. Weiss and Rorden Wilkinson (eds.), International Organization and Global Governance. London and New York: Routledge, 2018 (second edition)
- Synne L. Dyvik, Jan Selby and Rorden Wilkinson (eds.), What's the Point of International Relations. London and New York: Routledge, 2017
- Thomas G. Weiss and Rorden Wilkinson (eds.), International Organization and Global Governance. London and New York: Routledge, 2013
- Rorden Wilkinson and David Hulme (eds), The Millennium Development Goals and Beyond. London and New York: Routledge, 2012
- Rorden Wilkinson and James Scott (eds.), Trade, Poverty, Development. London and New York: Routledge, 2012
- Jennifer Clapp and Rorden Wilkinson (eds.), Global Governance, Poverty and Inequality. Global Institutions. London and New York: Routledge, 2010
- Mark Bevir, Colin Hay, Naomi Choi, Andy Smith, Rorden Wilkinson, Lisa Zanetti, Chris Ansell (eds.), The Encyclopedia of Governance. Sage, 2007
- Donna Lee and Rorden Wilkinson (eds.), The WTO after Hong Kong: progress in, and prospects for, the Doha Development Agenda. London and New York: Routledge, 2007
- Rorden Wilkinson (ed), The Global Governance Reader. London and New York, Routledge, 2005
- Rorden Wilkinson and Steve Hughes (eds.), Global Governance: Critical Perspectives, London and New York: Routledge, 2002
- Rorden Wilkinson (ed.), Culture, Ethnicity and Human Rights in International Relations, Auckland: NZIIA, 1996
- "Public lecture by Professor Rorden Wilkinson from the University of Manchester, UK – King's University College". King's Western University Canada. Retrieved 5 June 2014.
- Shah, Vikas (1 January 2014). "Equality | Thought Economics". Thoughteconomics.blogspot.co.uk. Retrieved 5 June 2014.
- "Routledge series on Global Institutions".
- "Global Governance Editorial Board". Lynne Rienner Publishers. Retrieved 5 June 2014.
- Joel Davis posted on (21 March 2014). "SWIPE Committee Announces Recipient of 2014 Mentor Award > International Studies Association". Isanet.org. Retrieved 5 June 2014.