Roman Catholic Diocese of Tainan
Diocese of Tainan
|Territory||Tainan and Penghu|
|Area||2,870 km2 (1,110 sq mi)|
- Catholics (including non-members)
|(as of 2015)|
|Sui iuris church||Latin Church|
|Established||21 March 1961|
|Cathedral||Cathedral of Our Lady of China in Tainan|
|Bishop||John Lee Juo-Wang (bishop-elect)|
|Metropolitan Archbishop||Thomas Chung An-zu|
|Website of the Diocese|
Erected in March 1961, the diocese is a suffragan of the Archdiocese of Taipei. The diocese has not undergone any jurisdictional changes.
The current bishop is John Lee Juo-Wang, appointed in November 2020.
- Stanislaus Lo Kuang † (21 Mar 1961 Appointed – 15 Feb 1966 Appointed, Archbishop of Taipei)
- Paul Ch'eng Shih-kuang † (7 Jun 1966 Appointed – 3 Dec 1990 Retired)
- Joseph Cheng Tsai-fa (3 Dec 1990 Appointed – 24 Jan 2004 Appointed, Archbishop of Taipei)
- Bosco Lin Chi-nan (24 Jan 2004 Appointed – 14 November 2020 Retired)
- John Lee Juo-Wang (14 November 2020 Appointed – )
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Roman Catholic Diocese of Tainan.|
- "Resignations and Appointments". Holy See Press Office. Holy See. 14 November 2020. Retrieved 14 November 2020.