Roketsan is a major Turkish weapons manufacturer and defense contractor based in the central Anatolian province of Ankara. Incorporated in 1988 by Turkey's Defense Industry Executive Committee (SSİK) in order to establish the nation's industrial base on rocket technology, the company has quickly risen to become one of Turkey's top 500 industrial establishments. Roketsan's current share holders include TSKGV(Turkish Armed Forces Foundation) (55.5%), Aselsan (15%), MKEK (15%), Vakıflar Bankası (10%), Havelsan (4.5%). Roketsan is best known for its vast range of unguided rockets as well as laser and infrared guided missiles such as Cirit and UMTAS. The company also produces subsystems for Stinger and Rapier missiles and provides technology and engineering solutions for other integrated civilian and military platforms.
|Selçuk Yaşar |
Number of employees
In 2013 Turkey approved the construction by Roketsan of its first satellite launching center, initially for low earth orbit satellites.
Roketsan is the only Turkish company to have obtained CMMI/ DEV 3 (Capability Maturity Model Integration – for Development) approval for all its design and development processes.
Missiles and rocketsEdit
- J-600T Yildirim
- Roketsan Cirit
- SOM (missile)
- T-122 Sakarya
- T-300 Kasırga
- HİSAR air defense missile system
- Bora (Khan) ballistic missile
- 155 mm Modern Equipment %30 increase in the range and uniform distribution are achieved by the decrease in the aerodynamic drag coefficient caused by the base bleeding unit during flight.
- Submarine Defense War (DSH) Rocket and Launcher System
- Missile launcher for the production. Naval Strike Missile
Projects in developmentEdit
- MBT armour*
- Long range SAM*
- SOM long range cruise missile*
Ballistic protection systemsEdit
- RZK-7 Roketsan Cage Armor*
- RZB-20 Roketsan Armor Block
- Ballistic Protection Center (BPC) Project
Turn key facilitiesEdit
- Munition Disposal Facility (MAAT)
- Air Bag Project “Booster Bag” used in airbag systems by ARC Automotive Company /U.S.A.produced by ROKETSAN.
- Ammunition Surveillance Facility (MIGYEM)
Environmental conditions tests and other testsEdit
- Ambient conditions tests
- Flight tests, warhead and firing tests and static firing tests
- ROKETSAN official website
- ROKETSAN Products & Services
- Turkish Undersecretariat for Defence Industries (SSM)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Roketsan.|
|This Turkish corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
- Roketsan Roket Sanayii ve Ticaret A.Ş., roketsan.com.tr (2012). "Üretim Yeteneklerimiz" (in Turkish). Archived from the original on 23 January 2015. Retrieved 11 November 2012. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Roketsan olağan genel kurul toplantısı gerçekleştirildi" [Roketsan completed its regular corporate board meeting]. Roketsan (in Turkish). 1 (13): 9. July 2018. ISSN 1302-1435. Retrieved 17 September 2018.
- "Hakkımızda" (in Turkish). Roketsan Roket Sanayii ve Ticaret A.Ş., roketsan.com.tr. 2012. Retrieved 11 November 2012.
- "Participations « Roketsan". www.roketsan.com.tr. Retrieved 2016-05-23.
- Burak Ege Bekdil (28 July 2013). "Turkey's Sat-Launcher Plans Raise Concerns". DefenseNews. Gannett. Retrieved 30 August 2013.
- "Space Launch System Project". Undersecretariat for Defence Industries. Archived from the original on 2013-12-20. Retrieved 2013-12-20. Cite uses deprecated parameter