Rock 'n Roll Fantasy Camp
A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (August 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Rock 'n' Roll Fantasy Camp is an interactive musical event, that takes place in various locations worldwide involving various Rock Stars on various dates.
|Rock 'n Roll Fantasy Camp|
|Attendance||Approximately 6,000 (since inception)|
Attendees play, write and record music in professional rehearsal and recording studios alongside those from the music industry, culminating in an event where attendees perform live on stage at a well known venue. Participants are formed into bands, each with its own rock star mentor. Over the course of the experience, campers learn band dynamics, song writing, receive instrument training, and hear from industry speakers and participate in Q&A sessions with well known musicians.
The event is targeted at players of any talent level, from novice to advanced. It is geared more toward adults, with the average attendee age being between 35 and 55. Founded in 1997 by David Fishof, approximately 6,000 people have thus far participated. A television reality series, Rock N' Roll Fantasy Camp, produced by Mark Burnett Productions aired on VH1 Classic for two seasons. The "Rock and Roll Fantasy Camp All-Stars" gave a live performance at the 2009 Screen Actors Guild Post Awards Party.
Past celebrity attending have included:
Rudy Sarzo, Kip Winger, Gene Simmons, Mark Hudson, Ace Frehley, Bret Michaels, Michael Anthony, Lita Ford, Lemmy Kilmister, Cory Procter, Anu Gunn, Heather Williams, Kieron Elliot and others appeared on season one of the television show. The season one premiere broke all viewing records for Vh1 Classic. Season two featured Matt Sorum, Duff McKagen, Paul Stanley, Phil Collen, Marky Ramone and Sammy Hagar.
- In the episode "How I Spent My Strummer Vacation" (2002) of the television series The Simpsons, Homer Simpson attends the camp and plays with Mick Jagger and Keith Richards.
- The camp was featured in the episode "Ellen Unplugged" (1997), of the television series, Ellen.
- The camp was the setting in "Bones", episode 19 of V series.
- On "Pawn Stars" Rick 'n' Roll (TV Episode 2013), Rick Harrison fulfills his fantasy by singing with Roger Daltrey of the Who. Rick states, "I sang with Roger Daltrey. I can now die".
- SNL Season 22 Episode 20 - Jeff Goldlum creates the character, Vic Ocasek, who does a spoof ad for Rock and Roll Fantasy Camp on Saturday Night Live.
-  Archived March 7, 2012, at the Wayback Machine
- "Rock N Roll Fantasy Camp » 1 » Main". VH1.com. Retrieved 2014-07-05.
- "VH1 Classic and Mark Burnett Productions Give Music Fans a Chance of a Lifetime With New Original Series 'Rock 'N' Roll Fantasy Camp'". Prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2014-07-05.
- Starr, Michael (2010-01-15). "Starr Report". Nypost.com. Retrieved 2014-07-05.
The intrepid David Fishof is teaming with Mark Burnett and VH1 for a four-part series, “Rock ‘N’ Roll Fantasy Camp,” based on David’s camp (of the same name) in which everyday people perform in concert with real-life rockers
- "Rock 'N' Roll Fantasy Camp" (PDF). People. Rockcamp.com. April 2009. Retrieved 2014-07-05.
- "Screen Writers Awards Party" (PDF). InStyle. Rockcamp.com. Retrieved 2014-07-05.
- "Rock 'n Roll Fantasy Camp" (PDF). More. Rockcamp.com. Retrieved 2014-07-05.
- "You, Rockstar" (PDF). MoneySense. Rockcamp.com. Retrieved 2014-07-05.
- "Alice In Chains Members Return To Stage With Fans Singing". Alternative Nation. 28 February 2017. Retrieved 8 July 2017.
- "Rock 'n Roll Fantasy Camp" (PDF). Loews Hotels. Rockcamp.doc. Retrieved 2014-07-05.
-  Archived October 5, 2010, at the Wayback Machine
-  Archived September 6, 2009, at the Wayback Machine
- Vaughn, James (25 Oct 2008). "Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd and The Who legends teach rock to middle-aged fathers". The Telegraph. London.
- "Anu Gunn : Rock 'n Roll Fantasy Camp". IMDb.com. Retrieved 2014-07-05.
- Starr, Michael (2010-10-20). "Starr Report". Nypost.com. Retrieved 2014-07-05.
Last Saturday’s premiere of “Rock ‘n’ Roll Fantasy Camp” shattered VH1 Classic viewership records, becoming the most-watched series premiere in network history
- "Rock N Roll Fantasy Camp » Season 2 » Main". Vh1.com. Retrieved 2014-07-05.
- "How I Spent My Strummer Vacation". The Simpsons.com. Retrieved 2007-07-30.
- McCann, Jesse L.; Matt Groening (2002). The Simpsons Beyond Forever!: A Complete Guide to Our Favorite Family ...Still Continued. HarperCollins. p. 43. ISBN 0-06-050592-3.
- "Ellen Unplugged". IMDB.com. Retrieved 2016-04-25.