Robin Ramsay (editor)
Robin Ramsay (born 1948, Edinburgh, Scotland) is a Scottish author, and co-founder and editor of the magazine, Lobster. Ramsay writes about politics and conspiracy theories. His books have been published by HarperCollins and Pocket Essentials. His writings have resulted in him receiving death threats from the fascist group Combat 18.Robin Ramsay the eldest child of a food chemist, was born in Edinburgh in 1948.
While investigating the case Ramsay met fellow Kennedy assassination enthusiast Stephen Dorril and together they started a magazine about parapolitics. Lobster first appeared in September 1983 as a 24-page A5 magazine. He also draws on his research and writes a regular monthly column in the Fortean Times.
Although Ramsay's magazine Lobster includes articles on conspiracy theories, and he has written a book on the subject, Gareth Mclean writing The Scotsman newspaper, says that Ramsay "hates conspiracy theories", quoting him as saying "The term 'conspiracy theory' is used by various intellectual establishments to dismiss people like me. It's irritating but there's nothing you can do about it."
Ramsay is the eldest child of a food chemist father and housewife mother.
- Smear: Wilson and the Secret State (1992) HarperCollins, ISBN 0-586-21713-4 (co-authored with Stephen Dorril)
- Prawn Cocktail Party: The Hidden Power of New Labour (1998) Vision Paperbacks, ISBN 1-901250-20-2
- New Labour (2002) Pocket Essentials, ISBN 1-903047-83-8
- Conspiracy Theories (2006) Pocket Essentials, ISBN 1-904048-65-X
- Politics and Paranoia (2008) Picnic Publishing ISBN 0-9556105-4-0
- Who Shot JFK? (2nd ed. 2009) Pocket Essentials, ISBN 1-84243-232-X
- Robin Ramsay, "The Gemstone File", International Times, Vol.4, Number 11, 1978, retrieved 17 August 2012
- "Sexed-up files, lies and surveillance tapes ... One man's search to uncover what lies beneath", Hull Daily Mail, 13 July 2007 Friday, page 10
- "Shock Lobster", Sunday Herald, 17 August 2003. Online at U. Utah
- Francis Elliott, "New Labour unshelled", Hull Daily Mail, 1 June 1998, page 14
- Gareth Mclean, "They're Out to Get You", The Scotsman, 9 October 1999, Saturday, page 6
- "Shock Lobster", Sunday Herald, 17 August 2003. Online at U. Utah Archived 27 February 2013 at the Wayback Machine
- Robert McCrum, "Inside Story: In the lair of the lobster - Stephen Dorril and Robin Ramsey edit a left-wing journal that offers succour to conspiracy theorists and keeps the professionals on their toes", The Guardian (London), 31 August 1991