Stephen Dorril (born 17 July 1955) is a British academic, author, and journalist. He is a former senior lecturer in the journalism department of Huddersfield University and ex-director of the university's Oral History Unit. He has written a number of books, mostly about the UK's intelligence services. With Robin Ramsay, Dorril co-founded the magazine Lobster. He has appeared on radio and television as a specialist on the security and intelligence services. He is a consultant to BBC's Panorama programme. His first book Honeytrap, written with Anthony Summers about the Profumo affair, was one of the sources for the 1989 film Scandal.
|Born||July 17, 1955|
Dorril has appeared as a specialist and consultant regarding intelligence matters on several radio and television programs: Panorama, Media Show, Secret History, World at One, NBC News, Canadian television, History Channel, French television, and others. Dorril also served as a consultant on a forthcoming Channel Five series on the intelligence services.
- “Biography”. Rogerdog.co.uk
- Honeytrap. Co-authored with Anthony Summers. Coronet Books, 1989. ISBN 0340429739
- Smear!: Wilson and the Secret State. Harper Collins, 1992. ISBN 0586217134
- The Silent Conspiracy: Inside the Intelligence Services in the 1990s. Heinemann, 1993. ISBN 0434201626
- MI6: Fifty Years of Special Operations. Fourth Estate, 2000. ISBN 1857020936
- MI6: Inside the Covert World of Her Majesty's Secret Intelligence Service. Simon & Schuster, 2002. ISBN 0743203798
- Blackshirt: Sir Oswald Mosley and British Fascism. Viking Press, 2006. ISBN 0670869996
Articles by other authors
- “Stephen Dorril Biography”. Andrew Lownie Literary Agency.
- Dorril, Stephen. "Biography". Rogerdog.co.uk. Retrieved 16 August 2015.
- "project leaders". Asian Voices Oral History Project. Archived from the original on 6 August 2013. Retrieved 3 March 2013.
- "Biography: Dr Stephen Dorril". University of Huddersfield. Retrieved 3 March 2013. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Stephen Dorril biography". Andrew Lownie agency. Retrieved 3 March 2013. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Stephen Dorril Biography". andrewlownie.co.uk. Andrew Lownie Literary Agency. Archived from the original on 19 April 2013.