On 28 September 2018 Roberts Jackson merged with AWH Legal based in Manchester. AWH Legal will continue offering the services of Roberts Jackson in addition to their other legal services. Roberts Jackson Solicitors was a law firm headquartered in Wilmslow, Cheshire in the United Kingdom. The firm was founded in 2009.
|No. of offices||1|
|Major practice areas||Industrial Disease, Work-Related Illness|
|Key people||Rachael Charmbury (CEO), Karen Jackson (Co-Founder), Oliver Jackson (Co-Founder), Lorna Vanderkamp (Executive Director), Gladys Swaim-Rutter (Executive Director), Jennifer Dougal (Director)|
|Founder||Oliver Jackson and Karen Jackson|
|Company type||Law Firm|
Three years after being founded, the firm moved from its original premises at the Blackbox Business Centre in Wilmslow to Orbit Developments' Sandfield House, investing £200,000 in the relocation and taking a 9,231 sq ft, 10-year lease in a deal that, according to the developers, represented Wilmslow's biggest office letting for five years.
In August 2013, the Manchester Evening News reported that the firms fee income had doubled, increasing from £3.5m turnover in 2012 to £7m in the same period of 2013. Further to this, the Legal Futures website also reported that the industrial disease firm were eyeing up the option of an "Alternative Business Structure".
In early 2018 the firm appointed a new CEO, Rachael Charmbury to replace Karen Jackson. Charmbury, a practising lawyer from 1991 to 2003 with international law firm Squire Patton Boggs, joined Roberts Jackson with 20 years of experience in the legal sector having acted for both Claimants and Defendant insurers in personal injury cases.
The instatement of Rachael Charmbury came as the firm commits to investing in technology to develop an online platform to enhance their clients experience. Charmbury is now leading Roberts Jackson through the next phase of development.
In 2014 the firm secured £15m investment from NorthEdge Capital. Grant Berry, managing partner at NorthEdge Capital, director Jon Pickering, and investment manager Phil Frame led the deal. Berry and Pickering have joined the Roberts Jackson board as non-executive directors while Frame has joined as an observer.
Charity & FundraisingEdit
The firm regularly takes part in charity events and spends at least 10% of business hours coordinating and running events to raise money for various organisations. In 2014 the firm took part in a charity event organised by Christie Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, which saw members of staff play a football tournament on Manchester United F.C ground - Old Trafford to raise money for new facilities at The Christie hospital. The event managed to raise more than £30,000 which will go towards rehabilitation of teenage cancer patients at the specialist cancer centre through The Christie's partnership with Manchester United
In 2013, Leila Bridgett, who is head of the firm's Musculoskeletal Department, overseeing 12 fee earners, won the Trainee Solicitor of the Year award at the Manchester Legal Awards, organised by the Manchester Law Society. The firm has also been shortlisted for the 'Excellence in Learning and Development' award at the Law Society Excellence Awards in 2012, Regional Law Firm of the Year at the British Legal Awards 2012 and Legal Services Team of the Year for firms of 1-10 partners at the Claims Innovation Awards 2013. In 2013, associate director Gladys Swaim-Rutter was nominated in one of two Grand Prix categories at the Lawyer Management Awards, the Law Firm Management Individual of the Year.
In January 2014, one of the firms associates Jennifer Dougal was short listed for "Associate of the Year" at the Manchester Legal Awards. This was Roberts Jackson's 4th consecutive year of nominations at the awards hosted by the Manchester Law Society.
On 5 May 2014 the firm announced it had been short listed for another award, this time in the category of "Boutique Law Firm of the Year" at The Lawyer Awards 2014
In May 2014 the Firm won Legal Services Team of the Year (1-10 partners) at the Claims Innovation Awards, an award the firm has been short listed for in previous years.
In early 2015 the firm added to their previous awards after being named "PI/Clinical Negligence Team of the Year" by the Manchester Law Society at the Manchester Legal Awards 2015 
2016 was another hugely successful year for Roberts Jackson as they were named Boutique Law Firm of the Year by The Lawyer Magazine  and then Business of the Year (Turnover Over £5 Million)  at the North East Cheshire Business Awards.
Three more major awards were won by the firm in 2017 to mark yet another successful year of recognition for Roberts Jackson. They won Law Firm of the Year (medium) at the Manchester Legal Awards, Claimant Law Firm of the Year at the Claims Innovation Awards  and Client Care Initiative of the Year at the Modern Law Awards
The firm has also been listed in The Legal 500.
- "Law firm's new home in 'record letting'". Insider Media. Retrieved 10 June 2013.
- "Roberts Jackson Solicitors agrees Wilmslow relocation". Manchester Evening News. Retrieved 5 June 2013.
- "Fee Income Doubles at Roberts Jackson". Manchester Evening News. Retrieved 9 August 2013.
- "Industrial disease specialists eye ABS to aid extraordinary growth spurt". Legal Futures. Retrieved 14 August 2013.
- "Company Profile". The Sunday Times. Archived from the original on 2 April 2015. Retrieved December 2014. Check date values in:
- "Firm hire: Rachael Charmbury". The Law Society Gazette. Retrieved 23 April 2018.
- "NEW CEO IN AT ROBERTS JACKSON". Insider Media Limited. Retrieved 17 April 2018.
- "Industrial disease firm Roberts Jackson receives £15m private equity injection". The Lawyer. Retrieved 25 July 2014.
- "Private equity buys £15m stake in north-west ABS". The Law Society Gazette. Retrieved 24 July 2014.
- "Roberts Jackson, Best Company Profile". Best Companies. Retrieved March 2014. Check date values in:
- "The Christie - Dream Team Cup Charity Event". The Christie NHS Foundation Trust. Archived from the original on 11 June 2014. Retrieved 22 May 2014.
- "Leila Bridgett, Solicitor Roberts Jackson - Trainee Solicitor of the Year Winner". BCL Legal. Retrieved 5 June 2013.
- "Top lawyers are honoured". Manchester Evening News. Retrieved 5 June 2013.
- "Excellence Awards shortlist announced". Legal Support Network. Retrieved 10 June 2013.
- "British Legal Awards 2012 Finalists". British Legal Awards. Retrieved 10 June 2013.
- "Claims Innovation Awards Shortlist". Claims Innovation Awards. Archived from the original on 15 August 2013. Retrieved 10 June 2013.
- "The Lawyer Management Awards: Top of the ops". The Lawyer. Retrieved 8 July 2013.
- "Manchester Legal Awards 2014 Short List". Manchester Law Society. Archived from the original on 6 June 2014. Retrieved 16 January 2014.
- "The Lawyer Awards 2014 – Short list announced". Centaur Communications Ltd. Retrieved 5 May 2014.
- "Claims Innovation Awards 2014: Winner's Gallery". Barker Brooks Communications Ltd. Archived from the original on 5 June 2014. Retrieved 22 May 2014.
- "Manchester Legal Awards 2015". Manchester Evening News. Retrieved 6 March 2015.[permanent dead link]
- "Boutique Law Firm of the Year 2016: Roberts Jackson". The Lawyer. Retrieved 18 July 2016.
- "North East Cheshire Business Awards 2016 Winners". North East Cheshire Business Awards. Retrieved 18 November 2016.
- "Manchester Legal Awards 2017". Manchester Evening News. Retrieved 3 March 2017.
- "Top claims operators pick up accolades at the Claims Management Awards". Claims Media. Retrieved 9 June 2017.
- "The Eclipse Proclaim Modern Law Awards 2017/18 – the winners!". Eclipse Legal. Retrieved 19 January 2018.
- "Roberts Jackson Solicitors Best Company Profile". Legalease. Retrieved September 2013. Check date values in: