Robert Irwin (television personality)
Robert Clarence Irwin (born 1 December 2003) is an Australian television personality. He hosts Robert's Real Life Adventures, a program on his family's zoo's internal TV network. He co-hosted the Discovery Kids Channel TV series Wild But True and co-created the book series Robert Irwin: Dinosaur Hunter, and currently stars on the Animal Planet series Crikey! It's the Irwins with his mother, Terri, and sister, Bindi. He is the son of Steve Irwin.
Irwin in October 2011
Robert Clarence Irwin
1 December 2003
|Occupation||Children's television personality, wildlife photographer |
Robert Irwin was born on 1 December 2003, the second of two children and son of late Australian television personality, zookeeper and environmentalist Steve Irwin and of Terri Irwin and the grandson of the naturalist and animal conservationist Robert "Bob" Irwin. Robert is a dual citizen of Australia (through his father) and the United States (through his mother). He is of English and Irish ancestry, with an abundance of Irish ancestry on his father's side. Both Robert and his sister Bindi Irwin were homeschooled at Australia Zoo.
During a public show on 2 January 2004, Robert's father, Steve, carried Robert, then one-month-old, in his arm while hand-feeding a chicken carcass to a 3.8-metre (12 ft 6 in) saltwater crocodile. Robert Irwin was close to the crocodile, and comparisons were made in the press to Michael Jackson's dangling his son outside a German hotel window. The incident prompted the Queensland government to change its crocodile-handling laws, banning children and untrained adults from entering crocodile enclosures.
When Robert was almost three years old, his father died from injuries and blood loss in a stingray incident.
In 2009, Irwin had a cameo appearance in Free Willy: Escape from Pirate's Cove. In 2012, Irwin appeared alongside his mother and sister in a TV series entitled Steve Irwin's Wildlife Warriors, which earned him a 2013 Logie Award nomination for Most Popular New Male Talent. In 2014 and 2015, Irwin co-hosted a TV series named Wild But True on Discovery Kids Channel. The show was later nominated for an International Emmy Kids Award in the factual category in 2016.
In 2015, he appeared as a guest on British wildlife series Ten Deadliest Snakes in the episode focused on Australia's venomous snakes. He guided presenter Nigel Marven in the billabong of Australia Zoo to look for a red-bellied black snake.
Irwin was runner-up in the junior category of the 2016 Australian Geographic Nature Photographer of the Year competition. Irwin is also a photography contributor to the Australia Zoo Crikey magazine. Irwin has also embarked upon photography expeditions around the world from the Savannah of Africa to the mountains of New Zealand, the wilderness of Europe and everywhere in between the world. He uses his love for photography to help raise awareness about wildlife conservation, he has also raised tens of thousands of dollars for the Irwins' non-profit organization Wildlife Warriors by auctioning canvas prints of his work at events around the world. He has also met with world leaders such as His Royal Highness Prince Charles to discuss the protection of natural habitat.
On 16 February 2017, Irwin made his late-night television debut when he appeared on NBC's The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon. He presented an African dwarf crocodile, a screaming armadillo, a red-tailed boa, and a sloth to the host Jimmy Fallon. Irwin subsequently went back to appear on the Tonight Show on multiple occasions, showcasing a different selection of animals each time. As of February 2019, Irwin has appeared on the show eleven times. Irwin is also an avid photographer, and is also the leading photography contributor to the Australia Zoo Crikey magazine. He has also embarked upon many photography expeditions around the globe from the savannah of Africa to the mountains of New Zealand, the wilderness of Europe and everywhere in between. 
On 6 April 2017, Robert Irwin was invested as a member and ambassador of Scouts Australia, formalising a partnership between the organisation and Australia Zoo. The aim of the partnership is to encourage Australia's young people to become involved with wilderness and conservation.
On Australia Zoo TV, Irwin appears on his own channel.
|2010||Free Willy: Escape from Pirate's Cove||The Pirate Boy||Uncredited|
|2015||The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water||Kyle the Seagull (voice)||Australian version|
|2018||Crikey! It's the Irwins||Himself||Series regular|
- Robert Irwin also stars frequently on jimmmy fallons tonight show "The Irwin Family" Check
|url=value (help). CrocodileHunter.com. Archived from the original on 4 March 2015. Retrieved 25 March 2001.
- Chatfield, Katherine (26 January 2013). "It's reading, writing and reptiles for Bindi and Robert Irwin". Archived from the original on 20 February 2017.
- Patrick Barkham (5 September 2006). "It's like a part of Australia has died". The Guardian. London. Retrieved 5 September 2006.
- "Steve Irwin baby concerns prompt law change". The Sydney Morning Herald. 24 February 2005. Retrieved 4 September 2006.
- "Robert Irwin". australiazoo.com.au. Retrieved 19 February 2017.
- "Logie Awards 2013: nominations". TV Tonight. 10 March 2013. Retrieved 30 April 2017.
- "2016 INTERNATIONAL EMMY® KIDS AWARDS NOMINEES ANNOUNCED". www.iemmys.tv. Cannes. 17 October 2017. Retrieved 30 April 2017.
- "Introducing Robert Irwin - Dinosaur Hunter". Australia Zoo. 5 March 2013. Retrieved 24 April 2017.
- Printz, Jo (2 December 2013). "Roos, wombats, dinosaurs... and a very dreary boy". ABC. Retrieved 24 April 2017.
- "Winners of the 2016 AG Nature Photographer of the Year competition". Australian Geographic. Retrieved 29 April 2017.
- Peddie, Clare (5 September 2016). "Robert Irwin, son of Steve Irwin, wins Australian Geographic Nature Photographer of the Year junior award for crocodile photo". www.adelaidenow.com.au. Retrieved 29 April 2017.
- "About - Robert Irwin Photography". robert-irwin-photos. Retrieved 19 February 2019.
- "About - Robert Irwin Photography". robert-irwin-photos.
- "'Tears in my eyes': Bindi Irwin shares a poignant post comparing her late father Steve to brother Robert, 13, as he makes his late-night debut on Jimmy Fallon". Daily Mail. Retrieved 19 February 2017.
- "Robert Irwin looks every bit a chip off the old block as he makes his Tonight Show debut". news.com.au. Retrieved 19 February 2017.
- "Robert Irwin and Jimmy Cuddle a Sloth". YouTube.com. Retrieved 25 April 2017.
- King, Brittany (20 April 2017). "'Proud Beyond Words' Bindi Irwin Gushes at 'Extraordinary' Brother Robert with Boyfriend Chandler Powell in Tow". PEOPLE.com. Retrieved 23 April 2017.
- "Robert Irwin Guests on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon". NBC. 29 January 2015. Retrieved 23 April 2017.
- "Robert Irwin and Jimmy Play with Baby Black Bears". YouTube.com. 20 April 2017.
- Chen, Joyce (21 April 2017). "Robert Irwin Channels Dad, Plays With Baby Black Bears on 'Tonight Show'". Us Weekly. Retrieved 23 April 2017.
- "Robert Irwin and Jimmy Feed a Baby Kangaroo". YouTube.com. 7 June 2017. Retrieved 19 June 2017.
- Monday, 18 March 2013 Genelle WeuleABC (18 March 2013). "Wallabies do 'Australian crawl' in the womb". www.abc.net.au.
- "Jimmy Gets Attacked by Robert Irwin's Anteater". YouTube.com. 23 November 2017. Retrieved 25 November 2018.
- "Robert Irwin and Jimmy Play with an Adorable Baby Deer". YouTube.com. 25 January 2018. Retrieved 25 November 2018.
- "Robert Irwin and Jimmy Feed Baby Pygmy Goats". YouTube.com. 2 May 2018. Retrieved 25 November 2018.
- "Kevin Hart Is Terrified of Robert Irwin's Animals". YouTube.com. 19 September 2018. Retrieved 25 November 2018.
- "Robert Irwin's Baby Porcupine Finds a Home on Jimmy's Lap". YouTube.com. 22 November 2018. Retrieved 25 November 2018.
- "Robert Irwin's Baby Camel Kisses Jimmy on the Lips". YouTube.com. 23 January 2019. Retrieved 25 January 2019.
- "Jimmy Loses It with Robert Irwin on a Hot Mic Before Animals Segment". YouTube.com. 25 February 2019. Retrieved 26 February 2019.
- "Robert Irwin and Jimmy Bottle Feed a Baby Miniature Horse". YouTube.com. 30 April 2019. Retrieved 1 May 2019.
- Devine, Robyn. "Robert Irwin Invested by Scouts Queensland." Scouts Australia Queensland Branch. 6 April 2017. Retrieved on 1 September 2017.