Robert Davis (wide receiver)
Robert Jamal Davis (born April 2, 1995) is an American football wide receiver for the Washington Redskins of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at Georgia State, and was drafted by the Redskins in the sixth round of the 2017 NFL Draft.
Davis at training camp in 2018
|No. 19 – Washington Redskins|
|Born:||April 2, 1995|
Warner Robins, Georgia
|Height:||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight:||217 lb (98 kg)|
(Warner Robins, Georgia)
|NFL Draft:||2017 / Round: 6 / Pick: 209|
|Career NFL statistics|
Davis played for Georgia State University from 2013 through 2016 and was honored as All-Sun Belt (first team) in 2015 and 2016 and as All-Sun Belt (honorable mention) in 2014. He finished as Georgia State’s career leader in receptions (222) and receiving yards (3,391), which broke the records of his former teammate Albert Wilson. Davis finished second to Wilson with 17 touchdown receptions, 10 100-yard games and 3,394 all-purpose yards. Davis had at least one reception in every game he played (49 straight), the longest active streak in FBS at the time. Davis stands second in Sun Belt history (to T. Y. Hilton, FIU, 3,531) in career receiving yards, fifth in receptions and finished ranked eighth among all active FBS players in career receiving yards and thirteenth in receptions.
Davis was drafted by Washington Redskins in the sixth round, 209th overall, in the 2017 NFL Draft. On September 2, 2017, he was waived by the team and was signed to the practice squad the next day. He was promoted to the active roster on December 4, 2017.
On August 13, 2018, Davis was placed on injured reserve after suffering a broken tibia and a torn LCL during training camp, keeping him out the entire 2018 season.
- Jones, Mike. "Redskins add more depth with sixth-round picks Chase Roullier, Robert Davis". Washington Post. Retrieved April 30, 2017.
- "Robert Davis GSU Bio". Retrieved April 30, 2017.
- "2017 NFL Draft Results: Redskins Select Robert Davis, WR, Georgia St in the 6th Round". HogsHaven.com. April 29, 2017. Retrieved May 14, 2017.
- "9/2: Redskins Make Roster Moves". Redskins.com. September 2, 2017.
- Czarda, Stephen (September 3, 2017). "Redskins Sign Seven Players To The Practice Squad". Redskins.com. Archived from the original on February 1, 2018.
- Czarda, Stephen (December 4, 2017). "Redskins Sign Wide Receiver Robert Davis To The Active Roster, Claim Kyle Kalis Off Waivers". Redskins.com.
- "Redskins Training Camp Injury: WR Robert Davis out for the year with broken tibia and torn LCL". HogsHaven.com. August 11, 2018.
- "Robert Davis Draft Profile". NFL.com. Retrieved April 30, 2017.