Robbie Brenner is an American film executive, a partner at The Firm and the president of its film division. As President of Mattel Films, she leads strategy in developing and producing movies based on Mattel’s brands and IP.  In 2023, Brenner produced Barbie—directed and co-written by Greta Gerwig and starring Margot Robbie and Ryan Gosling—which has grossed over $1.4 billion.
Brenner worked at Miramax Films for nine years. While at Miramax, she worked on numerous films including Serendipity, starring John Cusack and Kate Beckinsale. In 2004, Brenner produced the film Haven, a Cayman Islands crime drama featuring Orlando Bloom, Bill Paxton, and Zoe Saldana. Brenner went on to work at Twentieth Century Fox as senior vice president, Production in 2005 and 2006. After her time there, she was with Davis Entertainment and produced the science fiction film Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem. In 2013, Brenner produced the film Dallas Buyers Club, a Focus Features drama featuring Matthew McConaughey, Jared Leto, and Jennifer Garner. This garnered her a nomination for the Academy Award for Best Picture.
Before her work at Mattel Films, Brenner served as President of Production at Relativity. While there, she helped manage the studio's acquisition of the Sundance documentary Catfish. She also led production on movies such as Immortals, Safe Haven, Mirror, Mirror, Out of the Furnace, and The Fighter, amongst others.
She was a producer in all films unless otherwise noted.
|On the Line||Executive producer|
|2003||View from the Top||Executive producer|
|2007||Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem||Executive producer|
|2009||A Perfect Getaway|
|2011||A Little Bit of Heaven||Executive producer|
|Machine Gun Preacher|
|2012||Mirror Mirror||Executive producer|
|2013||Safe Haven||Executive producer|
|21 & Over||Co-executive producer|
|Dallas Buyers Club|
|Out of the Furnace||Executive producer|
|2014||Earth to Echo||Executive producer|
|The Best of Me||Executive producer|
|2016||The Disappointments Room||Executive producer|
|2017||The Space Between Us||Executive producer|
|The Tribes of Palos Verdes|
|Escape Plan 2: Hades||Direct-to-video|
|2019||Escape Plan: The Extractors||Direct-to-video|
|2020||The Night Clerk||Executive producer|
|The In Between|
|TBA||Thomas & Friends: The Movie|
- Miscellaneous crew
|1991||The Resurrected||Additional legal services|
|1996||Bullet||Assistant: Mickey Rourke|
|1997||Nightwatch||Assistant: Michael Obel|
|2010||The Fighter||Executive vice president of production: Relativity Media|
|2012||Mirror Mirror||President of production: Relativity Media|
|21 & Over|
|Out of the Furnace|
- Production manager
|2014||Earth to Echo||President of production|
|2008||Traitor||The producers wish to thank|
|2013||Oculus||The producers and director wish to thank|
|2017||Please Tell Me I'm Adopted!||Very special thanks||Television short|
- Kilday, Gregg (September 6, 2018). "Mattel Names Robbie Brenner to Head New Film Division". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved November 14, 2023.
- Donnelly, Matt (September 27, 2023). "Mattel Films Elevates Robbie Brenner to President Following 'Barbie' Boom". Variety. Retrieved November 14, 2023.
- Berk, Dr Nancy (January 8, 2019). "Margot Robbie to Star as Barbie in Live-Action Movie". Parade. Retrieved November 28, 2023.
- "Barbie director Greta Gerwig calls film's success 'so moving'". October 9, 2023. Retrieved November 28, 2023.
- Sneider, Jeff (September 30, 2011). "Relativity ups Tooley to co-prexy". Variety. Retrieved December 11, 2019.
- Jr, Mike Fleming (September 8, 2015). "Robbie Brenner Leaving Relativity To Run The Firm's Film Division". Deadline. Retrieved November 20, 2023.
- "Reuters | Breaking International News & Views". Reuters. November 20, 2023. Retrieved November 20, 2023.
- Kit, Borys (September 30, 2011). "Relativity Promotes Tucker Tooley, Robbie Brenner". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved November 20, 2023.
- "THR's Women in Entertainment 2012: Power 100". The Hollywood Reporter. December 5, 2012. Retrieved December 11, 2019.
- Donnelly, Matt (September 27, 2023). "Mattel Films Elevates Robbie Brenner to President Following 'Barbie' Boom". Variety. Retrieved November 8, 2023.
- Williams, Trey (September 6, 2018). "Mattel Creates New Film Division, Taps Oscar-Nominated Producer Robbie Brenner to Head". TheWrap. Retrieved November 8, 2023.