Ricky Lee Neely, known professionally as Ricky Kim (Korean: 리키 김), is an American actor.
Ricky Lee Neely
June 19, 1981
|Education||Kansas State University |
Journalism and Mass Communications
|Revised Romanization||Kim Gyeong-ho|
Ricky Lee Neely was born on June 19, 1981, to a Korean mother and an American father. He grew up in Kansas and Hawaii, and then studied mass communications at Kansas State University, with ambitions of becoming a lobbyist. In 2005 he arrived in South Korea to volunteer and teach English on the side, then left the country to continue traveling around the world. But having made the decision to pursue a career in entertainment, he returned four months later and began handing out his profile to modeling and talent agencies. Under the stage name Ricky Kim, he made his acting debut in the 4-episode 2006 TV series Miracle. He first attracted notice for his supporting role in the 2008 hit show On Air, followed by his first leading role in the romantic comedy film My Darling FBI. He then joined the cast as Michelle Morris in the 2009 Korean staging of the musical Dreamgirls. In the 2010 period medical drama Jejungwon, he played Dr. John William Heron, Presbyterian missionary and hospital director of the first Western medical institution in Korea.
Since 2009 he has been a regular on sports-reality show Let's Go Dream Team! Season 2. He also appeared in several seasons of Law of the Jungle, a travel-reality show in which a cast of celebrities go to exotic locations such as Namibia, Papua, Vanuatu, Siberia, Madagascar, and New Zealand, and are left to explore and survive in nature.
Kim met musical theatre actress Ryu Seung-joo while working with Compassion, an international NGO both are active in. After dating for two years, the couple married on May 4, 2009 at Sheraton Grande Walkerhill Hotel. Their first child, daughter Taylor (Kim Tae-rin) was born on February 10, 2011. Their second child, son Asher William (Kim Tae-oh) was born on March 11, 2013. Their third child, daughter Ellysen Victoria (Kim Tae-ra) was born on September 19, 2015.
- Beating Again (jTBC, 2015) - Wigo (cameo, ep 4)
- Cunning Single Lady (MBC, 2014) - Yeo-jin's first love
- The Queen's Classroom (MBC, 2013) - Justin
- I Need Romance (tvN, 2011) - Alex
- Drama Special "Perfect Spy" (KBS2, 2011) - Eric
- Midas (SBS, 2011) - Stephan Lee
- Athena: Goddess of War (SBS, 2010-2011) - Viktor Sevcenkov / Sasha
- Jejungwon (SBS, 2010) - Dr. John W. Heron
- Heading to the Ground (MBC, 2009) - Maxim
- On Air (SBS, 2008) - Aidan Lee
- Miracle (MBC, 2006) - Jang-mi's boyfriend
- My Darling FBI (2008) - Albert Lee
- D-War (2007)
- Return of Superman (KBS ep 223, 2018)
- True Dad Confession (JTBC ep 101, 2018)
- Off to School (JTBC, 2015)
- Oh! My Baby (SBS, 2014)
- Law of the Jungle (SBS, 2011-2013)
- Smart Bus (Channel IT, 2011)
- Let's Go Dream Team! Season 2 (KBS2, 2009–2016)
- I Need Family Season 3 (MBC Every 1, 2009)
- Park So-hyun's Secret Garden (DongA TV, 2008)
- Delicious Food (Arirang TV, 2006)
- Running Man (SBS ep 144, 2013)
- "Ricky Kim visited his parents in Hawaii". KoreanVibe. 12 March 2012. Retrieved 2013-03-07.
- Han, Sang-hee (13 April 2010). "Korean-American Actor Ricky Kim Follows His Heart. Right now, he is working as a teacher for social studies!". The Korea Times. Retrieved 2013-03-07.
- Kim, Hee-sung (18 March 2010). "New faces to widen the scope of Hallyu dramas". Korea.net. Retrieved 2013-06-15.
- Jones, Julie (14 April 2015). "Who Was That American Actor Speaking Perfect Korean?". KDramaStars. Retrieved 2015-04-16.
- Garcia, Cathy Rose A. (3 June 2009). "Celebrities Support Compassion Korea". The Korea Times. Retrieved 2013-03-07.
- "Seoul-Beijing Tension Over Defectors Grows". The Chosun Ilbo. 22 February 2012. Retrieved 2013-03-07.
- Kim, Young-jin (23 February 2012). "Actor lends voice to save NK detainees". The Korea Times. Retrieved 2013-03-07.
- "Ricky Kim & Ryu Seung Joo Marry on a Monday". KPculture. 5 May 2009. Retrieved 2013-03-07.
- "Ricky Kim to become a father in February". Korea.com. 26 January 2011. Retrieved 2013-03-07.
- "Ricky Kim announces the birth of his second child". OhKpop. 21 March 2011. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- Jin, Min-ji (21 September 2015). "Ricky Kim welcomes daughter". Korea JoongAng Daily. Retrieved 2015-09-22.