A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (June 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Revelation Online is a free-to-play massive multiplayer online role-playing game developed by NetEase, under the title "Revelation" (Chinese: 天谕; pinyin: Tiān Yù) in China and Revelation Online in the rest of the world. It is published by My.com in Europe and North America, and received an open release worldwide on March 6, 2017. The game features classic MMORPG gameplay and is set in a world inspired by the books of the Chinese fantasy author Jiang Nan. Revelation Online receives regular update content updates, with the latest, Heaven and Earth, due for release in 2019.
Revelation Online is set in the fantasy world of Nuanor, with its world, characters, and concepts being influenced by Chinese mythology and folklore, and based on stories written by the popular Chinese fantasy author Jiang Nan.
Revelation Online is set in an open world, and features over 100 hours of story content, raids and dungeons. Players can use the power of flight to explore and travel, with aerial combat available once players reach a certain level. Several classes are available, including the Assassin, Gunslinger, Spiritshaper, Vanguard, and Swordmage. Players can participate in PvP battles, guild battles, and team up to complete quests or enter into relationships.
The content update Heaven and Earth, due for release in 2019, will add new story content, the ability to marry other players, Battle Companions (animals which act as pets and companions to the player character), and a challenging temple featuring twelve bosses based on the Chinese Zodiac signs.
Development and ReleaseEdit
Revelation Online was developed by the China-based developer NetEase, who partnered with Blizzard Entertainment on Chinese versions of games such as World of Warcraft, Hearthstone, Diablo III, Warcraft III, and StarCraft II. Development started in 2005, and Revelation Online was released for its open beta stage in China in June 2015.
On June 6, 2016, My.com announced it would publish the game in Europe and North America. Mail.Ru, the parent company of My.com, was confirmed as Revelation Online's publisher in Russia. The game was released in a closed beta state in 2016., with the worldwide open release following on March 6, 2017.
MMORPG.com said that the Revelation Online beta had "the makings of a great game" and praised the noticeable improvements from regular maintenance and patches. MMOs.com said the game "overcomes its issues by excelling in its strengths: combat and multiple avenues of progression." MMO GAMES praised Revelation Online's "beautiful graphics and decent storytelling", and added that allowing players to fly sets it apart from other games.
- Revelation Online - IGN.com, retrieved 2019-05-14
- "The lore and history of the Wardens". 2016-06-23. Retrieved 2016-10-04.
- "Heaven and Earth: The First Major Update of 2019". Revelation Online - Official Website. 2019-02-15. Retrieved 2019-05-14.
- "Uncover the Mystery Behind Revelation Online". Gaming Instincts - Next-Generation of Video Game Journalism. 2016-06-25. Retrieved 2019-05-14.
- "The lore and history of the Wardens". Revelation Online - Official Website. 2016-06-23. Retrieved 2019-05-14.
- "Revelation Online - Official Website". Revelation Online - Official Website. Retrieved 2019-05-14.
- "Revelation Online is coming to the west!". Revelation Online - Official Website. 2016-06-06. Retrieved 2019-05-14.
- "Revelation Online is coming to the west!". 2016-06-06. Retrieved 2016-10-04.
- "FAQ". Revelation Online - Official Website. Retrieved 2019-05-14.
- "Open Beta Review - It's Rough, But There's Potential". MMORPG.com. Retrieved 2019-05-14.
- "Revelation Online Game Review". MMOs.com. 2016-01-30. Retrieved 2019-05-14.
- "Revelation Online Review". MMOGames.com. Retrieved 2019-05-14.