Revò (Ladin: Rvòu, German: Nußdorf am Nonsberg) is a comune (municipality) in Trentino in the northern Italian region Trentino-Alto Adige/Südtirol, located about 35 kilometres (22 mi) north of Trento.
|Comune di Revò|
|• Mayor||Yvette Maccani|
|• Total||13.4 km2 (5.2 sq mi)|
|Elevation||729 m (2,392 ft)|
|• Density||92/km2 (240/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
|Patron saint||Saint Stephen|
|Saint day||December 26|
Revò is situated on a grassy plain in the Val di Non, overlooking Lake Santa Giustina, that had already been settled by the 3rd century BC. It is backed by Monte Ozol, in the Maddalene mountain range, which is topped by an iron-age hill fort. The parish church of Santo Stefano dates back to at least 1128 AD and has a fine spire. The church of St Mary dates from the 18th century and has an octagonal spire. Other notable buildings include the Villa Campia-Maffei and the Casa Thun. Nearby, the River Sass has carved a narrow but deep canyon through the rock and visitors can walk along the trails and walkways that traverse the vertical-sided gorge in the "Parco Fluviale Novella".
At one time, grapes were the main crop grown in the area, particularly the variety "Groppello," which dates back to the 17th century and from which a local wine was made. Nowadays, the economy of the region is very dependent on the production of apples, in particular the variety Golden Delicious. A large proportion of the orchards are protected from bird damage to the crop by netting which is tied back during much of the year. Over 5,000 farmers in the area are members of the Melinda cooperative, a consortium of apple growers in the Val di Non and Val di Sole, which undertakes quality control and markets the apples on their behalf under the trade name "Melinda".
As of 31 December 2004, Revò had a population of 1,233 and an area of 13.4 square kilometres (5.2 sq mi).
- "Superficie di Comuni Province e Regioni italiane al 9 ottobre 2011". Italian National Institute of Statistics. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- "Popolazione Residente al 1° Gennaio 2018". Italian National Institute of Statistics. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- "Revò". Tr3ntino.it. Retrieved 2014-07-02.
- "Il territorio: Il paese" (in Italian). Comune di Revò. Archived from the original on 2014-09-05. Retrieved 2014-07-02.
- "The park". Parco Fluviale Novella. Ufficio Turistico. Archived from the original on 2014-07-07. Retrieved 2014-07-02.
- "Melinda: The consortium". Melinda DOP, Val di Non. Archived from the original on 2012-05-01. Retrieved 2014-07-02.
- All demographics and other statistics: Italian statistical institute Istat.
- (in Italian) Homepage of the city