A restaurateur is a person who opens and runs restaurants professionally. Although over time the term has come to describe any person who owns a restaurant, traditionally it refers to a highly skilled professional who is proficient in all aspects of the restaurant business.
|Restaurants, business, culinary arts|
The French word restaurateur comes from the Late Latin term restaurator ("restorer") and from the Latin term restaurare. The word restauranteur is formed from the term restaurant with the French suffix "-eur" borrowed from "restaurateur". The word "restaurateur" is simply a French word for a person who owns or runs a restaurant.
- "Definition of RESTAURANTEUR". www.merriam-webster.com.
- "Restaurateur Shares the Secret of His Success".
- Muhlke, Christine. "The Insider - Sang Yoon".
- "the definition of restauranteur". Dictionary.com.
- [https://grammarist.com/spelling/restaurateur/ "Restaurateur vs. restauranteur "], grammarist.com,.