Republican Party of Labour and Justice
The Republican Party of Labour and Justice (Belarusian: Рэспубліканская партыя працы і справядлівасьці, Russian: Республиканская партия труда и справедливости), also known by its acronym RPTS (Belarusian: РПТС) is a social democratic political party in Belarus founded by Ivan Antonovich in 1993. The chairman is Vasil Zadnyaprany. The party is considered to be supportive of the government of president Alexander Lukashenko.
|Russian name||Республиканская партия труда и справедливости|
|House of Representatives|
3 / 110
|Council of the Republic|
0 / 64
127 / 18,110
In Minsk, on 21 September 2013, conference of political parties in Belarus, Russia, Ukraine and Kazakhstan was held. The event participants signed a memorandum of an alliance. Along with Belarus's Republican Party of Labour and Justice, Russia's A Just Russia, Kazakhstan's "Birlik", and The Socialist Party of Ukraine were included. The RPTC calls for recognition of the independence of South Ossetia and Abkhazia.
At the end of 2012, in Vitebsk, it held a charity event for the Republican Party of Labor and Justice, called "Gift of Santa Claus."
Politispolkom, of the Republican Party of Labor and Justice, unanimously declared the results of the referendum on March 16, 2014 in the Crimea legitimate and supported the will of the inhabitants of Sevastopol. The party has also called for the president Lukashenko to accept the results of the referendum.
The party was one of the first to strongly condemn the Belavezha Accords.
At the Belarusian parliamentary election in 1995, the party obtained 1 out of 198 seats. At the legislative election in 2000, it gained 2 out of 110 seats in the House of Representatives. The following elections in 2004 and 2008 were not successful for the party; however, in 2012, it won one seat.
As a result of elections to the local Councils of Deputies of the Republic of Belarus (2014), 36 people were elected. Two members of the party are members of the Minsk City Council of Deputies.
- "Leftist Parties of Belarus". www.broadleft.org. Retrieved 2018-09-17.
- Nordsieck, Wolfram (2016). "Belarus". Parties and Elections in Europe. Retrieved 2018-04-10.
- Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Belarus Archived 2012-01-20 at the Wayback Machine
- "Q&A: Belarus elections". 2008-09-26. Retrieved 2018-09-17.
- "Республиканская партия труда и справедливости: Поздравляем Крым, Севастополь и Россию. | Республиканская партия труда и справедливости". rpts.by. Retrieved 2018-09-17.
- "Белорусская оппозиция требует от Лукашенко признать Крым российским - ПолитНавигатор. Новости Украины и России". ПолитНавигатор. Новости Украины и России (in Russian). 2018-03-02. Retrieved 2018-09-17.
- Inter-Parliamentary Union