Republic of China Naval Aviation Command
This article relies largely or entirely on a single source. (July 2014)
The Republic of China Naval Aviation Command (Chinese: 中華民國海軍航空指揮部; pinyin: Zhōnghuá Mínguó Hǎijūn Hángkōng Zhǐhuībù) is the naval aviation branch of the Republic of China Navy. The ROCNAC's primary mission is to defend ROC territories and the sea lanes that surround Taiwan against an attack by the People's Republic of China.
|Republic of China Naval Aviation Command|
|Country||Republic of China (Taiwan)|
|Part of||Republic of China Naval Fleet Command|
- Aviation Command (operates from Pingtung, Tsoying, Hualien, and Taoyuan AB)
- Naval Aviation, Taoyuan AB Command, will receive 12 P-3C.
- 1st ASW Aviation Group
- 133rd Squadron: S-2T, at Pingtung.
- 134th Squadron: S-2T, at Pingtung.
- 2nd ASW Aviation Group
- 701st Helicopter Squadron (Light), S-70C(M)-1, at Hualien.
- 702nd Helicopter Squadron (Light), S-70C(M)-2, at Tsoying.
- 501st Helicopter Squadron (Light), 500MD ASW, at Tsoying.
- Maintenance Group
- 1st Maintenance Squadron (Pingtung)
- 2nd Maintenance Squadron (Tsoying)
- 3rd Maintenance Squadron (Hualien)
Equipment and procurementEdit
|Grumman S-2 Tracker||United States||Maritime patrol aircraft||S-2T Turbo Tracker||27, half operational||32 were to be upgraded to S-2T standard, but only 27 have been converted so far|
|Lockheed P-3 Orion||United States||Maritime patrol aircraft||P-3C Orion||12||12 ordered, plus 3 spare airframes|
|Sikorsky S-70 Seahawk||United States||Naval utility/anti-submarine helicopter||S-70C(M)-1/2 Thunderhawk||19||Initial order of 10, followed by an additional order of 11|
|Hughes 500MD/ASW Defender||United States||Anti-submarine helicopter||—||9||13 ordered|