Renzo Bossi (born 8 September 1988) is an ex Italian politician, influencer, son of Umberto Bossi, founder and former leader of the Lega Nord party. In 2010 he was elected as a member of the Regional Council of Lombardy. He is known as "il trota" (Italian for "the trout") since 2008, when Umberto Bossi was asked if he considered Renzo to be his dauphin (dauphin and dolphin are homonym in Italian) and he jokingly compared him to a trout instead.
8 September 1988
|Height||1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)|
Bossi was born to Manuela Marrone and Umberto Bossi, both active in the early days of the Lega Lombarda and the Lega Nord. During January 2009 he took his first official position in the movement when he became a member of the Monitoring Centre for transparency and effectiveness in Fiera Milano. In the same year he became an ordinary member of the Lega Nord and in 2010 he was a candidate in the Lombard regional election. His candidacy was controversial since it didn't respect the party's internal regulations about seniority. Despite the criticism of apparent nepotism, he was elected in the Regional Council with 12,893 votes.
During the investigation regarding the misappropriation of party funding in April 2010, circumstantial evidence about his involvement was found and by the end of the month he resigned from his position in the Council. In an Interview for Oggi his personal driver and bodyguard, Alessandro Marmello, revealed footage proving Renzo Bossi's illegal activities. He was officially charged with embezzlement when the public prosecutor in Milan began the investigation in May.
In the same year a bachelor's degree in Economics and Management earned by Bossi at Kristal University in Albania was found during a search performed by Guardia di Finanza officers. The faculty director claimed that Renzo Bossi started attending the courses in 2007, before completing secondary school. In early December 2013 he was later charged with corruption in Albania because he earned a degree in social sciences without spending a single day in university. He has never been in Albania and he doesn't know the language.
- "La Lega va alla conquista della Fiera Bossi manda in campo il figlio Renzo". La Repubblica. 2009. Retrieved 7 December 2014.
- "Storia di Renzo Bossi detto il "Trota"". Panorama. April 5, 2012. Retrieved December 6, 2014.
- "Bossi presenta le dimissioni "irrevocabili" al consiglio federale, ora tocca al triumvirato". Corriere della Sera. April 5, 2012. Retrieved December 7, 2014.
- "Renzo Bossi: "Do l'esempio, mi dimetto" Calderoli: "Lasci anche Rosi Mauro"". Corriere della Sera. April 9, 2012. Retrieved December 7, 2014.
- "La Lega licenzia Alessandro Marmello, l'ex autista e bodyguard di Renzo Bossi". Tgcom24. April 28, 2012. Retrieved December 7, 2014.
- "Albania contro Bossi jr, studenti in rivolta e si muove la Procura". Corriere della Sera. May 5, 2012. Retrieved December 7, 2014.
- "Lauree in Albania, c'è anche Bossi junior fra i dieci italiani sotto inchiesta a Tirana". December 2, 2012. Retrieved December 7, 2014.