|Intermunic. comm.||Alentejo Central|
|• President||António Recto (Ind.)|
|• Total||369.51 km2 (142.67 sq mi)|
|• Density||19/km2 (49/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC±00:00 (WET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+01:00 (WEST)|
|Local holiday||Easter Monday|
The area of Redondo municipality contains an important megalithic cluster, including the Anta da Vidigueira, Anta da Candeeira and Anta de Colmeeiro dolmens, or neolithic burial chambers.
In 1250, a foral (charter) attributed to King D. Afonso III was issued to Redondo. At the same time, the king ordered the construction of a castle over the ruins of the ancient Roman fortress. Later, the town was ruled by the Count of Redondo starting in the 1500s.
The current Mayor is António José Recto, having been elected in 2013 as head of the same independent list his predecessor, Alfredo Falamino Barroso, previously commanded. The municipal holiday is Easter Monday.
- Bruno Pires (born 1981) a Portuguese former professional road bicycle racer, who competed professionally between 2002 and 2016
- Instituto Nacional de Estatística
- Áreas das freguesias, concelhos, distritos e país
- Contreiras, Margarida (2012), SIPA (ed.), Castelo do Redondo/Cerca urbana do Redondo (IPA.00001164/PT040710020005) (in Portuguese), Lisbon, Portugal: SIPA – Sistema de Informação para o Património Arquitectónico, archived from the original on 3 June 2016, retrieved 10 May 2016
- Diário da República. "Law nr. 11-A/2013, page 552 102" (pdf) (in Portuguese). Retrieved 29 July 2014.
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Redondo.|