Ray Davies (sailor)
Davies was on the second-placed Merit Cup in the 1997–98 Whitbread Round the World Race. He then sailed with America One in the 2000 Louis Vuitton Cup, before helming the winning Illbruck Challenge in the 2001–02 Volvo Ocean Race. He joined Team New Zealand as a part of their weather team for the 2003 America's Cup. He was a member of New Zealand's afterguard for both the 2007 and 2013 America's Cups and backup helmsman for the 2017 America's Cup.
- "Ray Davies". TVNZ. Retrieved 1 July 2017.
- "Grant Dalton introduces the team – Scoop News". Scoop.co.nz. Retrieved 1 July 2017.
- "America's Cup- Ray Davies works out the Kinks for Emirates Team NZ". Sail-world.com. Retrieved 1 July 2017.
- "Team NZ confirms veteran Ray Davies as Peter Burling's backup". Stuff.co.nz. Retrieved 1 July 2017.
- "America's Cup: Behind the rise of Team New Zealand". Newshub.co.nz. 22 June 2017. Retrieved 1 July 2017.
- "Ray Davies- From Murrays Bay SC to the Volvo OR". Sail-world.com. 18 October 2006. Retrieved 1 July 2017.
- "Nice Guy To Lead Volvo's Mean Machine". Sailingworld.com. Retrieved 1 July 2017.
|This biographical article related to yacht racing in New Zealand is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|