Raspberry pie is a type of pie with a raspberry filling. The primary ingredients of raspberry pie include raspberries, sugar, lemon juice, salt, and butter. A common variant of raspberry pie is raspberry cream pies, which are raspberry pies with cream added. Raspberry pie is eaten around the world, and the specific region of origin of raspberry pie is unknown.
National Raspberry Cream Pie Day is a holiday that takes place every year on August 1 in celebration of raspberry cream pies. Raspberries are plentiful that time of year and people often bake raspberry pies.
- Sabatino, Nancy. "Raspberry Pie III Recipe". AllRecipes. Retrieved November 20, 2018.
- "Old Fashioned Raspberry Pie". New England Today Food. July 22, 2008. Retrieved November 20, 2018.
- Hoskins, Linda; American Pie Council (2012). America's Best Pies: Nearly 200 Recipes You'll Love. Skyhorse Publishing. ISBN 9781620878187.
- Hood, Karen Jean Matsko (2015). Raspberry Delights Cookbook: A Collection of Raspberry Recipes. Whispering Pine Press International. ISBN 9781592103768.
- "It's National Raspberry Cream Pie Day! Need A Recipe?". HuffPost News. August 1, 2013. Retrieved November 20, 2018.
- "National Raspberry Cream Pie Day - August 1". National Day Calendar. Retrieved November 20, 2018.
- "August 1st is National Raspberry Cream Pie Day!". Foodimentary. August 1, 2018. Retrieved November 20, 2018.
- "Breakfast buffet: National raspberry cream pie day". CNN Eatocracy. August 1, 2011. Retrieved November 20, 2018.
|This pie or tart-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|