RapScallions is an American rock band formed in Hollywood, California in 2011 by Chris Clemence. The band is made up of bassist Chris Clemence, guitarist Dario Forzato, drummer James Forsberg, and vocalist Sergio Ochoa.
Los Angeles, 2015
|Genres||Rock, alternative rock|
|Members||Sergio Ochoa |
In 2011 RapScallions released their first self-titled EP. The first single off the EP, "California Brain" helped the band gain mainstream recognition via the Ubisoft video game, Rocksmith, on Xbox and PlayStation 3 and earned the band their first platinum video game award. "California Brain" charted at #70 on the iTunes charts in Europe. California Brain was #10 in the Top 25 Songs about California in 2011 among Rihanna, Britney Spears, and Death Cab For Cutie.
In 2013, RapScallions released their second album, "In My Head". The single, "Got Your Love Comin", was in rotation on 65 Clear Channel radio stations nationwide by way of iHeart Radio and was selected as iHeart Radio’s "Music You Should Know.”
In 2014, RapScallions released "Can You Feel It" as the first single to their upcoming record. “Can You Feel It” was produced by Wendy Starland. The song quickly gained recognition in the sports world and was licensed to FOX Sports for the NHL and NBA as well as by teams such as, the LA Kings, NY Rangers, Colorado Avalanche, St. Louis Blues, Denver Broncos, Kansas City Chiefs, NY Giants, Indiana Pacers, Minnesota Twins and San Diego Padres for their in-game entertainment at their stadiums. "Can You Feel It", also received international radio play airing on radio stations such as, Q103.3 KTMQ, 94.5 KYMT, on KIIS FM Brazil during the 2014 World Cup and was the kickoff song for the NFL International game in London. "Can You Feel It" also aired during Super Bowl XLIX and the 2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs.
RapScallions made their American television debut with a live performance of "Can You Feel It" on FOX Sports San Diego for the San Diego Padres opening day of their MLB season and have since performed the song on CBS for the Mercedes-Benz Music Minute during David Letterman. "Can You Feel It" was also licensed by Harley-Davidson for a radio ad campaign airing on stations in California, Denver, Kansas City, and Boston.
On March 11, 2015 the mobile video game SongArc was released on iOS and Android. RapScallions are the featured artist of the game with their songs, "Can You Feel It", "Got Your Love Comin'" and "California Brain".
The band has shared the stage with Chad Smith of Red Hot Chili Peppers, Chris Cornell, Scorpions, the Red Jump Suit Apparatus, Warrant, Fishbone, English Beat, and Mike Posner among others, playing in venues including the Staples Center, Mandalay Bay Events Center and the Detroit Speedway of Michigan. RapScallions third studio record, produced by Matt Wallace and Wendy Starland, and mixed by Chris Lord-Alge will be released in 2015.
- RapScallions Talk To Alternative Nation, alternativenation.com, August 2014, Retrieved February 2015
- The Quiet Success Of Ubisoft Rocksmith, mcvuk.com, Retrieved February 2015
- Artists RapScallions, itunescharts.net, Retrieved February 2015[permanent dead link]
- Top 25 Songs of 2011, Californiality.com, December 2011, Retrieved March 2015
- RapScallions Release New CD "In My head', Featuring Bassist Chris Clemence, Bass Musician Magazine, March 2014, Retrieved February 2015
- Rapscallions New Single, "Can You Fell It,", ThePier.org, Retrieved February 2015
- RapScallions, Kings So Far, April 2014, Retrieved February 2015
- Mercedes Benz Music Minute With RapScallions, CBS Los Angeles Local News, Retrieved February 2015
- Carls Jr. Music Cam, CBS Local News, Retrieved March 2015
- SXSW Experience Music In A Whole New Way, GamaSutra,com, Retrieved March 2015
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-04-11. Retrieved 2015-04-02.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- Chang Jiang International Music Festival, Time Out Shanghai, Retrieved May 2015
- Chang Jiang International Music Festival, Frequency.com, Retrieved May 2015