This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Randy Vasquez (born October 16, 1961) is an American actor and director.
Randall J. Vasquez
October 16, 1961
|Other names||Randy Gallion|
Vasquez was born in Escondido, California. He attended Escondido High School and is a cousin of actor and director James Vasquez, who also grew up in Escondido. His father, a school teacher and accountant, is of Mexican ancestry and his mother was a coal miner's daughter, originally from West Virginia. Vasquez's parents divorced in 1966 and he elected to live with his father in Escondido. He initially attended the University of California, Los Angeles before dropping out in 1979 to become an actor. Talent manager Bob Marcucci spotted him in an acting class and helped him find auditions. In 1984, he got his first role, a small part on Highway to Heaven.
Since debuting on television in 1984, Vasquez has made several appearances in TV series, most notably as Marcos in Acapulco H.E.A.T. and as Gunnery Sergeant Victor Galindez in JAG. In 1998, he was cast as bartender Paolo Kaire on Love Boat: The Next Wave. In 2002, he moved into film direction with Testimony, a documentary about Salvadorean activist Maria Guardado. In 2005, he directed a comedic drama titled Perceptions. In 2009, Vasquez returned to UCLA, where he earned a bachelor's degree in American Indian Studies. His 2011 film The Thick Dark Fog won the Best Documentary award at the 36th annual American Indian Film Festival. In 2017, he directed a third documentary, Badger Creek, a film about a Blackfeet Nation family.
- Highway to Heaven (TV) (Help Wanted: Angel) (1984)
- Beverly Hills Cop (1984) .... Beverly Palms Hotel Bellhop (as Randy Gallion)
- Knots Landing (TV) (6 episodes) (1989–1990) .... Ricardo Fonseca
- Almost an Angel (1990) .... Hood Nervo at Bank
- Acapulco H.E.A.T. (TV) (22 episodes) (1993–1994) .... Marcos
- The Demolitionist (1995) .... Little Henry Burne
- The Stranger (1995) .... Marcus
- Moonbase (1997) .... Masani
- Sliders (TV) (1 episode) (1997) .... Carlos
- Love Boat: The Next Wave (TV) (6 episodes) (1998) .... Bar Manager Paolo Kaire
- First Monday (TV) (13 episodes) (2002) .... Miguel Mora
- JAG (TV) (48 episodes) (1999–2003) .... Gunnery Sgt. Victor 'Gunny' Galindez
- Perceptions (2005) .... Mark Westin
- Level Seven (2008) .... Warden Vasquez
- Pfingsten, Tom (January 31, 2012). "Escondido cousins share love of film-making". North County Times. Archived from the original on February 2, 2012. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Wilson, Pamela (2015). "Indigenous Documentary Media". In Marcus, Daniel (ed.). Contemporary Documentary. Routledge. p. 100. ISBN 1317534166.